Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not worried about Epic Universe in the slightest, but it's pretty clear that the timeline may have to be altered depending on how construction and the rest of the company are affected by all this.

If economy is still dampened by this coronavirus a few years out, we have way bigger problems on our hands than Epic Universe.

Reactions: RevFreako
I'm not worried about Epic Universe in the slightest, but it's pretty clear that the timeline may have to be altered depending on how construction and the rest of the company are affected by all this.

If economy is still dampened by this coronavirus a few years out, we have way bigger problems on our hands than Epic Universe.
I think it will be interesting to see if they stay the course RE: Nintendo more than anything. I think EU will happen...eventually...but I could see Nintendo getting impatient and pushing for the KidZone plan to go back into motion if EU gets pushed further than 2025.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I think it will be interesting to see if they stay the course RE: Nintendo more than anything. I think EU will happen...eventually...but I could see Nintendo getting impatient and pushing for the KidZone plan to go back into motion if EU gets pushed further than 2025.
Agreed, but they have to have an IP ready to go that is as big as Nintendo to help sell the park. Pokemon is really the only other thing in my opinion.

If that’s the case, then I could see Universal just going back to drawing board, wholesale. If it already requires redesigning the SNW plot, you might as well look at the Fantastic Beasts slot too.

Based on the rumored rides for Beasts, I’d actually turn THAT into Pokémon. Convert the MoM into Rocket Tower OR Pokémon Tower in Lavender Town, and turn whatever interactive Newt thing they had planned into a Pokemon Safari or whatever. Build out a little into the neighboring expansion for a play area and couple of flats, instant Poke-land.

Then go wild on the SNW plot.

My heart says that it'll still get built on a reasonable timeline.

My head says the demand planning was questionable even before any of this.

If that’s the case, then I could see Universal just going back to drawing board, wholesale. If it already requires redesigning the SNW plot, you might as well look at the Fantastic Beasts slot too.

Based on the rumored rides for Beasts, I’d actually turn THAT into Pokémon. Convert the MoM into Rocket Tower OR Pokémon Tower in Lavender Town, and turn whatever interactive Newt thing they had planned into a Pokemon Safari or whatever. Build out a little into the neighboring expansion for a play area and couple of flats, instant Poke-land.

Then go wild on the SNW plot.

There's always those persistent LOTR rumors.

If Epic Universe is pushed to 2025+, why would SNW go to KidsZone? Nothing will be built if there’s no demand. If there’s no one coming they will hold off on everything.

And it’s looking like no one is getting their Nintendo World after Japan for a long time, unfortunately.

Reactions: RevFreako and fryoj
If Epic Universe is pushed to 2025+, why would SNW go to KidsZone? Nothing will be built if there’s no demand. If there’s no one coming they will hold off on everything.

And it’s looking like no one is getting their Nintendo World after Japan for a long time, unfortunately.

Nintendo wants them to build the lands within a certain amount of time.

Just relaying what I’ve been told about the other one being built at the moment.
Not saying you're wrong, but I will be very surprised if Uni halts Nintendolands already under construction. That seems like a good way to piss off an important partner.

And if EU is put off for multiple years, I just don't see Nintendo being okay with waiting that long

I mean I don't wanna get too far down the rabbit hole with this kind of speculation, but maybe they hold EU off so far that they literally need to fill out their parks, including moving some ideas over? I feel it depends on how long the delay for EU. Id imagine a scenario where EU is maybe 2025-2027, and if its more towards the latter, then maybe Nintendo will force their hand for switch ups, or, if any is added to the existing parks between now and whenever EU is, it'd be Nintendo.

But I can see their reasoning, no need to change anything if no one is coming for anything new anyways. BUT, do they also want a brand new, entire theme park, to be the new thing to bring guests in? Idk, thats really expanding your resources without the crowds/toursim to back it up, thus making additions to your current model more appealing than expanding your model. So maybe EU is delayed a few extra years than we thought, and one land (SNW) or at least some ideas that can be moved and built in the meantime, happen. Thats the only way I see anything changing or if they have Pokemon ideas ready to go and have funding/crowds for a major addition at USF, but who knows when that will be. Im willing to wait for this park, though.

Not saying you're wrong, but I will be very surprised if Uni halts Nintendolands already under construction. That seems like a good way to piss off an important partner.

And if EU is put off for multiple years, I just don't see Nintendo being okay with waiting that long
They’re building one in Singapore as well right? Maybe they could get one built in Beijing as a quick expansion. They could just tell Nintendo, here's our timeline - Japan, Hollywood, Singapore, Beijing and have Orlando be last. If i'm Universal, I need to do whatever I can to keep Nintendo in EU because that's their ringer right now. If you lose that, you almost have to go out and get LOTR.

Their building one in Singapore as well right? Maybe they could get one built in Beijing as a quick expansion. They could just tell Nintendo, here's our timeline - Singapore, Beijing and have Orlando be last. If i'm Universal, I need to do whatever I can to keep Nintendo in EU because that's their ringer right now. If you lose that, you almost have to go out and get LOTR.
AFAIK they do have LOTR. Or at least they've been working heavily on the concept.

Reactions: Nico
Their building one in Singapore as well right? Maybe they could get one built in Beijing as a quick expansion. They could just tell Nintendo, here's our timeline - Singapore, Beijing and have Orlando be last. If i'm Universal, I need to do whatever I can to keep Nintendo in EU because that's their ringer right now. If you lose that, you almost have to go out and get LOTR.
In my eyes Pokemon is the only thing that could replace it and draw the crowds. Idk if they have Pokemon officially though however. THAT would draw attendance though. Isn't it the biggest IP, literally, in the world in terms of profits? Thats the only thing that could replace SNW because its a major IP that draws in kids, and of course all ages, but specifically kids which is a market Universal has not gone super directly at other than for SNW

I can't even be excited for new rumors anymore, because I know that they're likely to get canned due to financial troubles for the time being. Thanks 2020.
Same lol, I'm trying though. Speculation is fun cause it always changes and ideas change or thoughts change or whatever and this is the kind of stuff that keeps me going so I'm with ya, argh.