Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 219 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really starting to think that the best idea Universal could go for is to have a Nintendo/DreamWorks park. Mario, Zelda, Trolls, Shrek (or KFP, that would work), HTTYD. Not a bad idea. Market it as a family-oriented park. Use familiar ride systems for the dark rides (Indoor water ride or Kuka Arm for Zelda, trackless for Trolls, boat ride for Shrek, flying simulator for HTTYD). DreamWorks could work if they did it Fantasy-Springs style. Cut the dueling hub coaster, make it a single track coaster instead. All the IP's used are sure to work well (Fantastic Beasts.... well, not gonna get into that, Monsters wouldn't work as well in a mostly family park, HTTYD wouldn't be forced to hold up an entire land). Nothing too flashy, but Nintendo will do well enough.

(Before someone gets on me, yes, I know nothing has changed. Just spitballing here)

They should just put the Ministry of Magic where FFL is and be done with Potter.
I’d love a Universal park WITHOUT a potter section attached, EU would feel so separate from any other Universal park out there.

For spitballing purposes, put HTTYD somewhere else in the US, USH or somewhere else in UOR, replace that section with one of the various Dreamworks properties we all know. Then add Zelda in where Potter was. Double down here on Nintendo to get those initial crowds and make your$$$ back ASAP.

I’m opening up a can of worms here, but the best case scenario for a last-second Fantastic Beasts replacement would be a ground-up, modern take on Marvel. It would contrast so perfectly with the three other lands that are going in.

Obviously a far fetched idea. People who know the contract better than me would be able to say if it’s even possible or not. I’m not sure if it’s specially binding to IOA or the UOR resort in general. Marvel is so expansive that they could even keep the current IOA land operating if they ever did a more modern take in EU.

I’m opening up a can of worms here, but the best case scenario for a last-second Fantastic Beasts replacement would be a ground-up, modern take on Marvel. It would contrast so perfectly with the three other lands that are going in.

Obviously a far fetched idea. People who know the contract better than me would be able to say if it’s even possible or not. I’m not sure if it’s specially binding to IOA or the UOR resort in general. Marvel is so expansive that they could even keep the current IOA land operating if they ever did a more modern take in EU.
I think that Marvel is limited to IOA.

I do think they have to watch it that if they cut Fantastic Beasts and maybe the Monsters area and just focus on Nintendo and Dreamworks that the park doesn't become too much of a kiddie park. I think they would also need some 'darker' themed area's.

I do think they have to watch it that if they cut Fantastic Beasts and maybe the Monsters area and just focus on Nintendo and Dreamworks that the park doesn't become too much of a kiddie park. I think they would also need some 'darker' themed area's.
Star Trek (or a broader “sci-fi” land with Trek, Battlestar, Metroid, and others), and LotR could fill those gaps.

Star Trek (or a broader “sci-fi” land with Trek, Battlestar, Metroid, and others), and LotR could fill those gaps.

I find it really interesting that Uni has this unified push for Battlestar with Kinberg doing the movies and Esmail prepping the series for Peacock. The timeline probably doesn't work for EU, but if it does pan out, I'd love to see a land.

The presence of Simon Kinberg leads me to believe it won't work out

Yeah I understand being reticent, but I think he's fine or even good as a producer - worked on The Martian, the Branagh Agatha Christie movies, and the good X-Men movies along with the bad + was initially involved in drafting the story for the New Star Wars Trilogy and spinoffs before it all went off the rails.

Writing is a little iffier, but eh. He's still certainly one of the most experienced franchise helmers currently working as a free agent and he seems to work well with other interesting talent - e.g. Mangold on Logan and The Wolverine, Vaughn on First Class, Branagh on MotOE - so if Uni can match him with some good directors, or if he brings one in himself, then I think it has a shot at being successful.

I'd love this mixed sci-fi idea and it would be a good fit in the park when you juxtapose it with the other lands. It would look like how Tomorrowland should look in 2020. If they replace FB with this concept, that expansion plot right next to it would make it easy for them to keep adding on to the general sci-fi concept as they generate new ideas.

I'd love this mixed sci-fi idea and it would be a good fit in the park when you juxtapose it with the other lands. It would look like how Tomorrowland should look in 2020. If they replace FB with this concept, that expansion plot right next to it would make it easy for them to keep adding on to the general sci-fi concept as they generate new ideas.
I think putting a Star Fleet Academy or Federation indoor mini-land side by side with a Kobol-based Battlestar Galactica mini-land would be a fascinating pairing of aesthetics. Star Fleet would be super futuristic and clean, and could feature a “training simulation” in the vein of Smuggler’s Run. Kobol would be heavily forested, with temple ruins and a temporary camp/settlement, and feature an interactive dark-ride/coaster hybrid where you have to get the Arrow of Apollo to the Tomb of Athena while fighting off Cylons. It’s two drastically different visuals and experiences, but both quintessentially sci-fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.