Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see anything in the concept art for the hub that resembles nightlife though. There doesn't seem to be space there for the type/size of nightclub that would be appropriate for a massive theme park with the throughput of Universal. And while Universal don't have dry parks - I'm not sure a full bar is something they'd go for. There's a difference between a bar and offering a beer with a meal.

Outside of bars/nightclubs what nightlife would there be?
CW and Disney Springs are both 'late night', with most shops/restaurants closing at 12am on weekends, and other activities staying open even later (concerts/clubs/bars until 1 or 2).

Guests might see a late night movie and leave Disney Springs or CW in the early morning. (Book a midnight movie and see what time it is when you walk out.)

Late night activities could include live music/concerts/performances, comedy clubs, shopping, restaurants, escape rooms, vr experiences/arcade, movie theater, bowling, mini golf... And rides.

Same kind of stuff you find at CW, Disney Springs, or other entertainment around Orlando including ICON. The ICON wheel stays open until 12, Starflyer closes at 2am, Escape Game Orlando until 11:45... Pretty much everywhere aside from the theme parks themselves stay open for tourists late night. (Again, it's all about profit. A park guest already paid earlier in the day, after a while you stop earning money from them.)

We have no idea what's inside the buildings, how many floors each building is, or what might be omitted from the concept art. Earlier this thread I suggested the larger building at the front could be a Cinemark theater... I've heard speculation that one of the buildings across from the dueling coaster looks like a Hard Rock Cafe (I disagree but that's besides the point).

We simply don't know what's going where. But there's definitely space.

Additionally I can't imagine hotel guests to be delighted with guests still in the park at 2/3 AM.
Pretty sure the rooms will have good sound proof glass. Guests hopefully know what they're getting into when they book this hotel... Hotels around the world are surrounded by late night entertainment so this is far from being unprecedented.

Hotels including Wyndham and Fairfield are just as far from the Starflyer (again, 2am) as a EU hotel would be from any outdoor rides UOR might keep open.

Screenshot_20190809-131422.png

I mean, if there was actually an issue with this, then EU would essentially need a curfew. UOR could never hold any late night event here including after dark tickets, Halloween events, AP appreciation night, corporate events, concerts, etc. If that's the case, cancel this hotel right now.

Last edited:
I just find it hard to believe that their won’t be any changes to the concept art even though we are like 4 years away from the park being completely finished built. It may not be a good comparison to when IOA was first going to be cartoon world themed to DC Comics but things did drastically change overtime not just the themed lands but the park title to IOA it was first going to be cartoon world. Who knows their could be more things added to those open spaces. 4 themed lands seems like a small number to me someone did say this so I hope more is added. Listen it would just be nice if universal Orlando decided to add a great movie ride with all of their classic attractions/rides. That roller coaster could be a back to the future Delorean styled coaster it would go well with the Star Trek attraction right next to it if that’s what it is just saying it could be a Sci-Fi World, Universal is really due for a great Sci-F themed land personally.

Reactions: therock and emsvcs3
I just find it hard to believe that their won’t be any changes to the concept art even though we are like 4 years away from the park being completely finished built. It may not be a good comparison to when IOA was first going to be cartoon world themed to DC Comics but things did drastically change overtime not just the themed lands but the park title to IOA it was first going to be cartoon world. Who knows their could be more things added to those open spaces. 4 themed lands seems like a small number to me someone did say this so I hope more is added. Listen it would just be nice if universal Orlando decided to add a great movie ride with all of their classic attractions/rides. That roller coaster could be a back to the future Delorean styled coaster it would go well with the Star Trek attraction right next to it if that’s what it is just saying it could be a Sci-Fi World, Universal is really due for a great Sci-F themed land personally.

This post sounds oddly familiar....

Anyways, the concept art matches up with the permits from what I'm hearing. Five lands (including hub). Star Trek is off the table. Maybe a Universal movie ride will happen, but I doubt it. There's other routes that Universal should explore instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: truejonas
This post sounds oddly familiar....

Anyways, the concept art matches up with the permits from what I'm hearing. Five lands (including hub). Star Trek is off the table. Maybe a Universal movie ride will happen, but I doubt it will happen. There's other routes that Universal should explore instead.
This classic attraction talk is getting ridiculous I mean being nostalgic is one thing but placing an attraction in a park that has nothing to do with those rides wouldn’t be very smart.

This classic attraction talk is getting ridiculous I mean being nostalgic is one thing but placing an attraction in a park that has nothing to do with those rides wouldn’t be very smart.

Not really. Those rides were based on movies, so a Classic Movies ride (like the ill-fated Great Movie Ride) would fit in here pretty well. I just don't think that it'll get built when there's so many other options. I hope I'm wrong though.

A DC themed world concept art was supposed to be at the 2nd universal Orlando park boy much has changed since then.
View attachment 10469

That concept art was outdated before IOA even started construction. This park is already being built as we speak (not vertical, just under construction in general). Unless a major deal involving a hot IP (like LOTR) happens, this park won't change much from the original concept art. Move on.

Reactions: therock and RFRees
Not really. Those rides were based on movies, so a Classic Movies ride (like the ill-fated Great Movie Ride) would fit in here pretty well. I just don't think that it'll get built when there's so many other options. I hope I'm wrong though
Well maybe they need to please a segment of fans that constantly complaining about Uni getting of its original attractions. But build at USF not the new park that way it’s more nostalgic.

Reactions: therock
That concept art was outdated before IOA even started construction. This park is already being built as we speak (not vertical, just under construction in general). Unless a major deal involving a hot IP (like LOTR) happens, this park won't change much from the original concept art. Move on.
Agreed.

Everyone is talking about how we can expect newer concept art which shows potential changes to Epic Universe, but we're likely to also get older concept art.

Twenty years from now we might see posts talking about "what was supposed to be Fantastic Worlds" with old concepts from 2014-2017. And then we get people saying "see, things changed!"

Yes... They do change... They changed from the art we haven't seen (yet?) to what we have now, in 2019.

(Edit - spelling and other changes.)

So it’s a pretty good guarantee that everything will stay the same in terms of concept art from now till 2023-2024 unless a miracle happens basically if that’s what your saying? I mean back to the future is cool feel free to disagree. It’s an IP that has been around since the 80’s. I just really think a good Sci-Fi World would be awesome having Star Trek, Terminator and Back to the future all in one themed world or land just my opinion. They can come up with great AA’s for Biff, Doc Brown, and Marty McFly even George McFly. Your saying you wouldn’t stand in line for a Delorean styled BTTF coaster that launched you from 0 to 88mph racing around hill valley?

Reactions: therock and emsvcs3
So it’s a pretty good guarantee that everything will stay the same in terms of concept art from now till 2023-2024 unless a miracle happens basically if that’s what your saying? I mean back to the future is cool feel free to disagree. It’s an IP that has been around since the 80’s. I just really think a good Sci-Fi World would be awesome having Star Trek, Terminator and Back to the future all in one themed world or land just my opinion. They can come up with great AA’s for Biff, Doc Brown, and Marty McFly even George McFly. Your saying you wouldn’t stand in line for a Delorean styled BTTF coaster that launched you from 0 to 88mph racing around hill valley?

I love BTTF but it just doesn’t need to be in a theme park anymore. Same with Terminator. Yes a new movie is coming out, but it doesn’t look very good. Time to move on from 80s movie nostalgia for theme park rides.

I'm just hoping they bring back Horizons

I love BTTF but it just doesn’t need to be in a theme park anymore. Same with Terminator. Yes a new movie is coming out, but it doesn’t look very good. Time to move on from 80s movie nostalgia for theme park rides.
Thank you because it seems like some people are not getting it.

It would just be awesome to have a Sci-Fi World Universal is due for something like that. I listened to the podcast and I have heard of a possibility the park name title could change because it sounds redundant. Their was a name change to IOA also so this could relate to the same thing.

It would just be awesome to have a Sci-Fi World Universal is due for something like that. I listened to the podcast and I have heard of a possibility the park name title could change because it sounds redundant. Their was a name change to IOA also so this could relate to the same thing.
Yes sci fi area sounds great but with different IPs. There are better current IPs that could be used.

Reactions: OrlLover
Status
Not open for further replies.