Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean the hotel at EU looks exactly like the Beijing one minus the red on top. I bet that’s easy to add to concert art lol

Yes. I WANT A MODEL! I love models. We even had a model for New Fantasyland a few years ago in One Man's Dream. Preview Center's make guests excited to come back. It makes you feel like you got to learn something special before the public, and see it in person...

Now, if only they could have a talking owl to help explain the new park.
I know we WANT it, I'm asking, if we're Universal, if it's really worth it.

With what we're speculating, and fairly positive about, it seems there will be more than enough major indoor attractions/rides.

Well, we already know SNW is getting one, Monsters wouldn't really work best outdoors, FB is already indoors in the first place and a FOP-esque simulator in HTTYD seems too tempting to leave on the table.

Basically, what i'm trying to say is each of the four lands seem primed to include indoor attractions and/or dark rides. If anything, i could see us asking for the opposite 5/6 years from now. It'll be the whole "screens" debate all over again.

I know we WANT it, I'm asking, if we're Universal, if it's really worth it.
Absolutely it is, not everyone is on social media. I (a millennial) even isn’t. Got to get the word to everybody, it’ll be more than worth it. I think having it in City Walk makes a lot of sense, next to a Nintendo store :)

I don't think we're going to be having the "screens" debate after Epic Universe. Sounds like many many more AAs and practical sets and all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think we're going to be having the "screens" debate after Epic Universe. Sounds like many many more AAs and practical sets and all.

Hey, that's good by me. My favorite Universal ride is Forbidden Journey so the more rides that choose to copy that formula, screens mixed with practical sets and AA alongside unique ride systems, the happier i'll personally be with the park.

But what I meant with that statement is that i could see people after the park's opening being like, "There's too much indoor stuff! I want things to do outside!" Similar to the screens/practical arguments we've heard before. Then again, this is Florida. Maybe most people will appreciate staying out of the sun.

Oh and Hello everyone! :wave:
Welcome!!

to my knowledge, and I’m no insider but have been following closely.
SNW:
- Mario Kart
- Yoshi
- DK Mine Cart Coaster
- Rumor of Super Smash Bros Show

Classic Monsters (Frankenstein’s Village)
- Frankenstein’s Castle Kuka Arm ride (Daughters castle?)
- Walk through attraction with Frankie (Windmill in concept art)
- Whatever show is in that concert like venue, assuming Frankenstein themed

Fantastic Beasts (Paris):
- Newt’s Beasts around Paris, Coaster shooter
- Ministry Ride? Another E ticket here either way

How To Train Your Dragon:
- Hagrid like family coaster
- Dragon flying ride
- Water shooting ride
- Flume
- Flying flat ride
- Numerous other flat rides rumored I beleive

How’d I do?

Just looking at the concept art alone. How many rides are we thinking the park opens with 18-22? I think that averages about 3-4 per land.
Think as far as we know:
Celestial gardens:
2 (3 if you count each dueling coaster) plus flat rides possibly like a carousel

HTTYD:
Two main rides, six flat rides

SNW:
3 rides

UCM World:
1 ride

FB:
Two main rides

Think as far as we know:
Celestial gardens:
2 (3 if you count each dueling coaster) plus flat rides possibly like a carousel

HTTYD:

SNW:
3 rides

UCM World:
1 ride

FB:
Two main rides

A few things:

1. Not sure why we're not counting the coaster. It's probably gonna be one of EU's biggest attractions so I'd definently add it to the list.

2. Well not technically rides, i think the amphitheater and the planetarium are worth mentioning.

3. There are six flat rides in HTTYD?! My god, that's a lot for one land. I trust universal but i can't feeling nervous about the theming and immersion of this land, especially when placed next to the other options in EU.

Think as far as we know:
Celestial gardens:

HTTYD:

SNW:
3 rides

UCM World:
1 ride

FB:
Two main rides

There seems to be only one major ride here (the coaster/coasters) not including flats. Where'd you get the second ride from?

Question: if storyline wise, Frankenstein’s Villaige is set long after all the UCMs have seemingly passed, would any expansion land (Black Lagoon?) follow same timeline/idea? Maybe whoever’s in the expansion has
There seems to be only one major ride here (the coaster/coasters) not including flats. Where'd you get the second ride from?
space ish building next to full land expansion plot seems to have queue building and attraction building with exit at the back.

It will be interesting to see how many attractions/shows the Hub area (land) ends up with. It'll probably end up being the largest land in acreage, so it's probably not going to be just stores and restaurants.

Status
Not open for further replies.