Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no Pokémon?

source.gif

I've seen some speculation that the planetarium building is the "coaster" but I disagree. There's a separate entrance and a clear walkway between them. I think the planetarium is something different, maybe an indoor show or restaurant (arrows indicate entrance/exits).
View attachment 10371

Wishful thinking on my part but I've been begging for a star trek attraction/land for years!

Add me to the list of people who would love to see some dark rides in Dreamworks/HTTYD and Nintendo. I feel like these are so underrepresented in the parks already. A Super Mario one could be so cute.

One thing I am concerned about, one the expansion pads are filled up, how will they expand the park? Will they just continue to expand the 6 IP’s they have? Besides that-Wish list? I don’t know why they won’t build a Bikini Bottom Land because that could be a BIG hit with merchandise and food. I’ll take that land over anything (except Nintendo)
I'd rather them save Bikini Bottom for studios since they can use it as a Kidzone + Simpsons replacement.

Top right hand corner looks like a New York city street and building, so thats possibly Fantastic Beasts

The art basically fulfills my wishlist. Nintendo with DK, HTTYD, and a big friggin coaster.

Weren't you also saying it should have something like 30 attractions or some insane number?

If so, nowhere close to your wishlist.

Counting up the HUB... I'm counting 7 large buildings (in red numbers) and 10+ smaller buildings (in green numbers). Large buildings are clearly attractions (coaster, indoor show, etc.), or possibly a large restaurant or shop. Smaller buildings could be shops, restaurants, restrooms, or flat rides.

The numbers themselves are not as important as the clear distinction of some of these buildings being tagged as "HUB" compared to being a part of the land. Number 4, for example, I believe is hub and not Nintendo.

EPIC UNIVERSE NUMBERS.jpg

Edit:
Realizing now the green 9 should actually be red for "large". I didn't realize how large the building was behind it. So I'm counting 8 large buildings, large enough for an attraction or large restaurant.

Last edited:
While I won't technically amend my official Wish List, I do very much hope that the HTTYD area has numerous full-size dragon animatronics heavily involved in whatever those attractions are. My concern (which is too strong a word, really, and it's based purely on the very vague concept art) is that we're just going to get a lightly-themed family coaster above the land and then just a pure simulator. I would hope Universal is thinking much bigger than that.

Weren't you also saying it should have something like 30 attractions or some insane number?
I said if it had under 20 it would be a disappointment. I don't think it has under 20.

While I won't technically amend my official Wish List, I do very much hope that the HTTYD area has numerous full-size dragon animatronics heavily involved in whatever those attractions are. My concern (which is too strong a word, really, and it's based purely on the very vague concept art) is that we're just going to get a lightly-themed family coaster above the land and then just a pure simulator. I would hope Universal is thinking much bigger than that.

@Alicia said it will be Hagrid-like

I think a dueling Night Fury coaster is a brilliant concept and a great way to use the HTTYD theme. Trains are themed to Light / Night Fury and they dual against each other. There'll probably be a launch inside of a building with SCREENZ to simulate the lightning / invisibility ability the Fury's have. Depending on which one you ride, Night = lightning and Light = Blue flame. But as vague as they tried to be with this art, the SNW area to the bottom left is clear as day including the DK village in the back.

I think a dueling Night Fury coaster is a brilliant concept and a great way to use the HTTYD theme. Trains are themed to Light / Night Fury and they dual against each other. There'll probably be a launch inside of a building with SCREENZ to simulate the lightning / invisibility ability the Fury's have. Depending on which one you ride, Night = lightning and Light = Blue flame. But as vague as they tried to be with this art, the SNW area to the bottom left is clear as day including the DK village in the back.
The dueling coaster looks to be a part of the hub, not Dragons.

The dueling coaster isn't part of Dreamworks, it's in the hub.

[EDIT] Beat me to it.

I wonder what they are looking at as far as park capacity goes... Does anyone know the capacity of the existing parks?

Status
Not open for further replies.