Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 163 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said on the other Epic thread....it's great to have a new rumor to chew on. That's the IU I've always loved. And helps get away from the disease that shall not be named discussion ;) :) . Myself, I think it's good business to stay with the Wizarding World as the prime time. That's the characters everyone loves. Hope Universal Epic doesn't repeat the mistake GESWL made by locking themselves into a time zone with less popular characters. Learn from Disney's mistake.

I was thinking the other day that an exclusive Potter Universe land written just for EU would be kind of interesting

Although, I will say that a FB land could potentially be Universal's Pandora in the land being executed way better than the films

It is believed that it was Universal's execution of Seuss that led to JK's confidence in giving them the Wizarding World.
I've heard the version of the story that Universal recruited Seuss' widow (who was quite enthusiastic) to personally deliver a sell and reassurance to Rowling. I don't know if that's true, but it's a nice story. As they say in THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE, "When the legend becomes fact, print the legend."

So if it does change to Potter should we still expect the same number of attractions? as long as that’s so i’m elated

Yeah, as long as we get two major rides out of it, I'd be all in favor of switching locales.

Not gonna lie, i do prefer potter majorly (though i think they should sell some fb wands in all potter lands, i think newt in particular would do really well and i would genuinely buy theseus’ on looks alone)

My one reservation about doing another London-centric area is that I'd be slightly concerned that food and merchandise variety wouldn't be as great as it would be if the locale was Paris. Paris gives you more of an opportunity to craft new items (or re-pack existing items in fancy French packaging) than another U.K.-centric land does. A minor concern in the grand scheme, but as a person who loves unique area/attraction-specific merch, it is something I think about.

In a perfect world:

-Main ride becomes a trip through the Ministry of Magic/Department of Mysteries
-Secondary ride becomes a trip through Newt's suitcase, maybe it's been kept up as a sort of Magical Zoo by the Ministry
-Show could be maybe a small battle between Death Eaters/Order of the Phoenix

I've wanted a Department of Mysteries ride even before Potter had come to the parks -- reading the climax ORDER OF THE PHOENIX really painted a vivid picture of a strange and dangerous place that I've always felt could make for a fantastic attraction.

And your secondary ride pitch is a great one; doing a more FB-centric ride could still easily be justified in a Ministry area, and they could tie it in as closely (or not) to the FB movies as they want.

For all we know, bringing in Kloves as the screenwriter wasn’t the perfect fix they wanted. Maybe WB isnt as convinced of a 5 movie series as they were before. Especially if this land was going to be based on the second film, which was not as well received.

In hindsight, once the FB movies have fully run their course in the next half-decade, I think the decision to commit to five films will be seen as an overreach that crippled early storytelling choices.

The concept for the FB films is fundamentally broken IMO. There’s no saving it

They don't know what they want to be. Lighter, creature-centric adventure tales, sort of "Wizarding Indiana Jones with monsters," which was the original pitch when the series was announced? Or elaborately-tied-into-existing-mythology prequels? Seemingly, Rowling wants them to be both, but those are two radically different types of films.

I really do hope they change the director too. I didn’t like how he changed jk’s original FB2 story at all (forcing in hogwarts where there was originally more magic paris exploration, making grimmel work for grindelwald for no logical reason, etc, changing Grindelwald’s look)

Reactions: Suchomimus

I thought the first Fantastic beasts was fine but I never really like the Harry Potter movies anyway. Newt is charming but not enough to save a bad movie.

I wonder who from the OG cast they could get for rides.

Let's be honest, besides Daniel Radcliffe, the rest of the cast don't really have much else going on or are professional actors who won't say no to a payday.

People wanted the Marauders and the first Wizard War against Voldemort. No one cared/cares about Grindelwald and the unnecessary retconning of the Dumbledore family tree.
I wonder who from the OG cast they could get for rides.
Neville
Luna
Mr. Weasely
The twins

Are all shoe-ins. Fleur is a possibility (if needed), and I’m sure Warwick Davis would play.

Status
Not open for further replies.