Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 346 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m surprised no one is talking about how Disney has done a pretty good job recreating the Middle East in theme park form with Galaxy’s Edge. Doesn’t feel like Star Wars but it feels more like a Middle East pavilion with some Star Wars thrown in there.

• Haha
Reactions: tielo and Mad Dog
Eh, but all those other rides have identical tracks, no? I forget if Matterhorn has any differences between sides. Fire and Ice were 2 distinct designs.

Matterhorn has slight differences in the tracks and one side has Dolly’s Dip on it. It’s always counted as one ride though.

I'm still trying to figure out if Epic will have a nighttime show day 1

I assume it would be similar to Cinematic Celebration of in Studios

But do they use the hotel and projection map it?

Also I'm curious what the park hours will be the first year

I doubt they will projection map on the hotel. All the people in the rooms watching the show wouldn't like it very much.

They have a huge lagoon with fountains in it.

The nighttime show is Monsters land itself with the fog and everything, it seems very special tbh. Obviously not your answer, but I don’t see how this land isn’t cramped at nighttime.

I don’t want to read into it, but there is fireworks in the concept art and they can do fireworks there, so I feel I see it happening.

Reactions: shiekra38
An "in the round" show sounds very intriguing, I like the style they they're going for in the concept art
Is it stupid to ask if we think any show in the hub would include IP’s heavily? I mean I assume so, don’t get me wrong, but since the hub seems to be so separate from everything I feel that there’s a chance it’s kinda original. Any cool light/projection show with a good score intrigues me.

I assume IP’s, fully, but figured it’s worth asking.

Is it stupid to ask if we think any show in the hub would include IP’s heavily? I mean I assume so, don’t get me wrong, but since the hub seems to be so separate from everything I feel that there’s a chance it’s kinda original. Any cool light/projection show with a good score intrigues me.

I assume IP’s, fully, but figured it’s worth asking.
If I'm to guess
Some celestial opening music with celestial bodies and such
Nintendo 8-bit moment
Monsters
Potter
HTTYD (maybe taken from Cinematic Celebration and a new scene put in there)
Closing summing everything up

Just a guess

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
I'm figuring they are going to do something unexpected. Outside of Japan, Universal never had a truly unique nighttime experience so I think they will want to use this especially with the size of the fountain to do something incredible.
Outside of the Universal version of World of Color or Disneyland's Fantasmic, what sort of technology could they utilize with the fountains to make it special/signature?

Outside of the Universal version of World of Color or Disneyland's Fantasmic, what sort of technology could they utilize with the fountains to make it special/signature?
Drones.

EDIT: Maybe some live actor integration too? The water can be a representation of 'celestial wizards bending the cosmos' or something.
EDIT 2: It would also be amazing if all the lightning elements in the hub interacted with the show in some way.

Last edited:
Reactions: kingcooger
I was gonna say Drones, on Drones, on Drones. Plus proper fireworks.

Drones could create stars or planets to make things feel space like also.

FIRE!

And nobody in Central Florida is using drones yet
Drones.

EDIT: Maybe some live actor integration too? The water can be a representation of 'celestial wizards bending the cosmos' or something.
EDIT 2: It would also be amazing if all the lightning elements in the hub interacted with the show in some way.
I don't know why my head didn't think of drones, but that's a good point.

One of the more impressive uses of drones I have seen was in Orlando driving back from HHN one night, some cool looking drone show was happening where they formed together to make a face and other things.

The fire and live actors are very much a part of Fantasmic, but drones would be new territory

I don't think they will use drones for the center hub nighttime spectacular.

Imagine, if you will, each land having their own nighttime thing. Projection mapping Mario running around SNW complete with a showdown with Bowser would be cool. Monsters wouldn't need a show just lots of fog, sound effects like wind, a far off wolf howling, and some streetmosphere. Basically a scarezone lite. The center hub fountain show can just be a top notch fountain show using music like Holtz's The Planets particularly Mars the Bringer War and Also Sprach Zarathustra. Have a channel on the hotel's TVs that plays the music. In Potter, a wizarding duel using $100 million worth of musion, projection mapping, pyro, and SFX could leave Paris in crumbled ruins. HTTYD could have a nightly "character cavalcade" or mini parade with a couple of floats, stilt walkers, fire breathers, and large dragon puppets.

Status
Not open for further replies.