Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Grad Bash 2012

Jul 16, 2009
30 Rock
Universal has set up the landing page for the event: http://www.universalorlando.com/GradBash

From Attractions Magazine
Universal Orlando’s Grad Bash 2012 to feature Pitbull

Grad Bash at Universal Orlando invites high school seniors to celebrate graduation with exclusive access to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. The event also includes street entertainment and live performances by popular musical artists. Grad Bash 2012 will be held from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m. on April 20, 21, 27 and 28, and May 4.

Seniors can watch performances on the Music Plaza Stage at Universal Studios by Reggaeton rapper Pitbull, who has scored four Top 10 singles including his most recent smash hit, “GiveMe Everything;” and DJ Khaled who has topped the Billboard Rap Charts with his single, “I’m On One.” Together, these artists lay claim to nine platinum and multi-platinum singles.

Seniors also get late-night access to rides and attractions at both Universal Studios and Universal’s Islands of Adventure. Rides such as Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Revenge of the Mummy and Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit will be open during the event.

High school seniors can purchase tickets from their senior advisor.

For more information on the event, visit UniversalOrlando.com/GradBash or contact Group Sales at 1-800-YOUTH-15.

So just curious how does this typically affect crowds during the day? I am planning on being in the Universal parks from the 20th-22nd.

As a senior this year I will be in attendance for one of the April dates - very excited. I'll be sure to offer a written trip report w/ pics. In the meantime, curious to see what rides will be operating... the chaperone guide specifies all of the Wizarding World, Hulk, Spider-Man, Jurassic Park, Rockit, Simpsons, Men in Black, Shrek (...), and Mummy, but the guide also says "and more!" for both parks. What rides have been open in previous years in addition to those listed?

Even though I'm currently a freshman, my school participates this event (previously it was Disney World until they discontinued there grad program) hopefully in about 3 years I'll probably be able to go!

As a senior this year I will be in attendance for one of the April dates - very excited. I'll be sure to offer a written trip report w/ pics. In the meantime, curious to see what rides will be operating... the chaperone guide specifies all of the Wizarding World, Hulk, Spider-Man, Jurassic Park, Rockit, Simpsons, Men in Black, Shrek (...), and Mummy, but the guide also says "and more!" for both parks. What rides have been open in previous years in addition to those listed?

In the past they've had other stuff available to the seniors. They've had DJ's with dance areas, and things of the sorts. I imagine that's what they're gunning for with "..and more".

In the past they've had other stuff available to the seniors. They've had DJ's with dance areas, and things of the sorts. I imagine that's what they're gunning for with "..and more".

Yeah, they listed the typical DJ dance party stuff. Chaperone zones are in Circus McGurkus, Mythos, and Pantages Theater (by Mummy...?). Streebreakz is apparently going to be there as well - and Twister is available for the pre-party, at least. Wouldn't be shocked to learn if Seuss and Toon Lagoon lay dormant, but I'd be surprised if Fearfall is closed.

Pantages Theater. Wouldn't be shocked to learn if Seuss and Toon Lagoon lay dormant, but I'd be surprised if Fearfall is closed.

Pantages is the actual entrance way of HMU. They just use the pre-show. Seuss and Toon will both be open, I'm sure. People love Ripsaw, Popeye and Cat In The Hat, even 17 and 18 year olds.

I'd love to hear more about the school banning. We're a very small private school, so if someone did something to warrant a ban at Universal, they probably wouldn't graduate, period.

Very excited for this event, though. Do they typically release schedules for the headliners/other DJs before the actual dates?

Gradbash was so much fun. I went last year and had a blast. I will never forget it. Let me just say that its really ghetto and rowdy so you have to be prepared for what your about to see, espcially at the citywalk clubs. I remember seeing a group of white kids at city walk that seemed like they were so out of place and didnt like the enviornment. They seemed conservative and scared for there lives. Lmao

I think they meant more with the dates. That was the first thing I noticed. In the past was it not only one or two weekends of Grad Bash? I never remember it being a total of three nights. Universal wants to soak up the schools that are now going to Choose another now that Disney is out of the game.

Yeah, I was wondering how you guys pulled that off too, Marques. I mean granted it is Olympia...
Welp, Doctor Philips High and Olympia High completely hate each other, at least te football teams. Most of both teams ended up in line for the hulk and some words were exchanged and they were fighting in the line. This was in 2007. We've been banned ever since.

So I'm guessing only 11 attractions will be the only ones operating? Would of asked for Popeye,Doctor Doom,and maybe ET or Cat for the nostalgia and eliminate Shrek to save space.
For past participants of previous grad bashes are they very crowded like what would be the average wait time?

I went to grad bash last year i had a blast all the rides are open in both parks the lines aren't that bad hulk,potter,dragons,spidey lines were about 40 min to an hour as the night went on because everybody crowd ioa i recommend as soon the pre party is over at usf (if they have the pre party at usf this yr) go to ioa there wasn't nobody over there for about an hour-hour half because everyone was trying to ride rockit and mummy....if you are not a big concert fan that as well is a good time to hit the rides it kills the lines a tad.....

I went to grad bash last year i had a blast all the rides are open in both parks the lines aren't that bad hulk,potter,dragons,spidey lines were about 40 min to an hour as the night went on because everybody crowd ioa i recommend as soon the pre party is over at usf (if they have the pre party at usf this yr) go to ioa there wasn't nobody over there for about an hour-hour half because everyone was trying to ride rockit and mummy....if you are not a big concert fan that as well is a good time to hit the rides it kills the lines a tad.....

There's a USF preparty which we're locked in to attend - great advice, thank you. We'll probably hit Mummy (we have "first-ride access") then hit Spider-Man, Hulk, Potter - maybe give Rockit a go later.