Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's House of Horrors

I hear its some HHN additions they want to bring to the daytime experience.  Having not seen it myself, I'm not exactly sure of the details.  Although I hear it has to do with the Dracula statue near the beginning.
I was kind of hoping they would update/ change some of the rooms' theme inside it.

Sorry about saying it like this... House of Horrors is Dead, really. I don't expect it to ever come back in a form besides Horror Nights but it'd be so far different from the original attraction it wouldn't be classified on that scale. It was a product of trying to add something extra that even though was fun to watch tourists get scared, It became dated right when Universal Plaza opened in my opinion. Look, I love Universals House of Horrors but I expected it to go around this time-frame. You would of been dealing with Possible congestion issues, Sour taste due to Potter and Springfield and it would of sticked out poorly. I see this as Universal realized that they can use the space to its full potential if they get rid of of this. And we don't have a awnser on how big the new expansion but it will do a lot to fix up the flow of this section of the park.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I'm wondering is if this HoH replacement will open before or after Potter. Our park has recently been notorious for building things quickly in spite of the strict California codes, but as far as we know, they're still moving dirt around on the HoH site.

i'm expecting it to start going vertical once Springfield phase One opens. Then after Phase two of that, the construction crews will be focused on Potter and the HOH venue.

Didn't phase one finish last year with the Carnival Games? haha. 

But yea I would expect construction to start closer to when Springfield opens. Seems like Universal is focusing all the attention in that area right now. 

I haven't chimed into the HOH stuff yet so I'm gonna now. 

I know everyone is a little antsy over the abrupt closure, but I honestly think it was great. HOH honestly was boring the first time going through. It just doesn't feel right with all the other stuff going on in the park. Mazes are only good one time a year. Having it 365 days gets old real fast. I rather Universal use that space for something more useful. Overall, I didn't feel any impact on it and I'm glad its gone. 

What I'm wondering is if this HoH replacement will open before or after Potter. Our park has recently been notorious for building things quickly in spite of the strict California codes, but as far as we know, they're still moving dirt around on the HoH site.
What do the "strict California codes" say? Do they say that structures can't be built too fast?

And I think there might be a restaurant to fill the space. The space is too small for a ride. 

I haven't chimed into the HOH stuff yet so I'm gonna now. 

I know everyone is a little antsy over the abrupt closure, but I honestly think it was great. HOH honestly was boring the first time going through. It just doesn't feel right with all the other stuff going on in the park. Mazes are only good one time a year. Having it 365 days gets old real fast. I rather Universal use that space for something more useful. Overall, I didn't feel any impact on it and I'm glad its gone. 

What do the "strict California codes" say? Do they say that structures can't be built too fast?

And I think there might be a restaurant to fill the space. The space is too small for a ride. 
I think more people are happy it's gone. It was a neat little attraction but it really needed to go. Aside from the Universal Studios Store expanding into the location Universal has already confirmed its replacement will be a new "retail/dinning venue." 

I think more people are happy it's gone. It was a neat little attraction but it really needed to go. Aside from the Universal Studios Store expanding into the location Universal has already confirmed its replacement will be a new "retail/dinning venue." 
Nice to hear from someone from West Covina! Glad I'm not the only one! 

Anyways, do you think Universal will make their own unique restaurant, or have something like Starbucks take over?

It's most likely going to be a generic Art-Deco themed area to match the rest of the Park. 

Had to dig through my Computer to find this again but this is what USH's FB handler had to say about HoH's replacement back in August. 

15769493274_6abe6c2756_o.png

The "entertainment experience" part of what they said tickled my fancy and curiosity the most, and seriously makes me cross my fingers that Universal Experience moves into the space.

And yeah, I'm happy it's gone. It served its purpose for too long. Fans of Haunted walk throughs at least get Halloween Horror Nights every year, so it's not a total loss for those that were a fan of it. I enjoyed it and loved the sets but scare attractions aren't my thing, and I don't think it was for the majority of park visitors. Especially with the route Universal is currently taking.

My only hope is that they still incorporate their legendary Universal Monsters into another attraction (ride) someday, be it a stand alone attraction, or a reimagining of the Mummy ride into a general Universal Monsters ride, which could be incredible.

Yeah that would be a good idea beacause the darkride potion of the mummy could be revamped into a monsters theme i see it happening but i think they would incorporate the monsters into scenes similar to house of horrors so i would think they would keep a mummy scene probably the treasure room but i see the same layout of the ride just themed more Anybody agree with me?

The mummy revamped as a monsters theme ride would be the best thing they can do it. The franchise is old and a reboot on the way so keeping the monsters around would be great. The the new monster movie universe is coming as well. So having new projections/show rooms would be great. The building wound have to be rethemed or expanded but anyways...yeah can't wait to see what new expweiance the former HOH location will bring

The mummy revamped as a monsters theme ride would be the best thing they can do it. The franchise is old and a reboot on the way so keeping the monsters around would be great. The the new monster movie universe is coming as well. So having new projections/show rooms would be great. The building wound have to be rethemed or expanded but anyways...yeah can't wait to see what new expweiance the former HOH location will bring
Well the park needs at least one coaster, right?

I don't think we'll see anything Monsters related until it premieres in Orlando first. No chance for ambitious projects in such a small park where any space is extremely valuable. If it happens in Orlando and becomes a hit, then expect it in Hollywood.