Universal's Mortal Engines | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Mortal Engines

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Why they decided it was a good idea to release it when Aquaman was coming out is enough of a head scratcher. But the same weekend as Aquaman, Bumblebee, Mary Poppins Returns AND multiple award contenders? They hung this film out to dry worse than when Disney opened the Winnie the Pooh animated film alongside Deathly Hallows Part 2.
I don't really know how they expected this to be a hit no matter when they released it. This would have to be so good that it got a boost from people talking about it. As it was pretty meh it was DOA.

I don't really know how they expected this to be a hit no matter when they released it. This would have to be so good that it got a boost from people talking about it. As it was pretty meh it was DOA.
Oh I agree. I still think if they had moved it up to August it probably would've done better.

fans of the book were furious that the girl did not have the big scars like in the book. that gave it a lot of negative reactions as well from the readers. you lose your core fanbase you lose everything

Reactions: tankart150
" the weekend's real flop was "Welcome to Marwen," the Robert Zemeckis-directed fantastical drama starring Steve Carell as an imaginative man whose scale model town helps him rehabilitate after a trauma. The film, which cost at least $40 million to make, earned just $2.3 million in 1,900 theaters. It's the second straight flop for Universal (which teamed with DreamWorks for "Marwen") following "Mortal Engines." That $100 million film debuted last weekend with $7.5 million film in ticket sales."

:yuck: