Unlimited Refill Coke Freestyle Souvenir Cup | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Unlimited Refill Coke Freestyle Souvenir Cup

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
After talking to an employee at USF, I learned that Universal is phasing out the red refillable souvenir cup and are replacing them with this freestyle cup. The way it is going to work is after the first time purchase of 10 dollars, the refills for the rest of the day will be a dollar. However, the next day the first refill will be 8 dollars, and cheaper after the first use.

In my opinion, this is a way for Uni to make extra money off of loyal park goers, like myself! :fist:
I hate to take the side of Universal on this, but the Red Souvie Cups do say its for that day only. In fact it says "Good day of purchase only" & "Restrictions Apply". We've just had a way of "gaming" the system. Now they'll be enforcing the rule that's been in place the whole time.

After talking to an employee at USF, I learned that Universal is phasing out the red refillable souvenir cup and are replacing them with this freestyle cup. The way it is going to work is after the first time purchase of 10 dollars, the refills for the rest of the day will be a dollar. However, the next day the first refill will be 8 dollars, and cheaper after the first use.

$10 for a cup
$5.50 each for 2 cups
$4.00 each for 3 cups
$3.25 each for 4 cups
$2.80 each for 5 cups
$2.50 each for 6 cups

Once the price-per-cup starts to become reasonable, you're in a sugar coma :faint:

I hate to take the side of Universal on this, but the Red Souvie Cups do say its for that day only. In fact it says "Good day of purchase only" & "Restrictions Apply". We've just had a way of "gaming" the system. Now they'll be enforcing the rule that's been in place the whole time.

Its not gaming the system. It is even advertised that you the cup is unlimited refills after the first payment. They are going to lose a lot of money from loyal visitors as a result of this change.

Its not gaming the system. It is even advertised that you the cup is unlimited refills after the first payment. They are going to lose a lot of money from loyal visitors as a result of this change.

Actually it is. The Red Cups are only supposed to be used the day of purchase.

Saw it advertised today that additional days with the same cup is now available for $8.99 (each additional day).

From Universal Orlando's Meal Deal page

irw9p32VAJR5w.png

From @OrlandoInformer

Confirmed: You can now add a day to the @ccfreestyle cups at @UniversalORL for $8.99

iYKboGGh0Boww.jpg

I read somewhere that you could only refill the freestyle cups once every 10 minutes. Is this true, or can you get unlimited refills as often as you like during the day? Are they still refilling the old cups for 99¢?

When I went in January it was every ten minutes, that keeps someone from taking their Freestyle cup and pouring it into the next person's cup for free and then immediately refilling theirs.

You have to keep in mind that for every one of us that would use the system the proper way, there are hundreds of people that will try to game the system any way they could. Just look at how single rider lines are used to see a vivid example of that. Every time a new feature comes out in the resorts, they have to think of every way someone will try to find a way around it and exploit it. And unfortunately, they never can find all of the loopholes, and the ones of us that would actually do things the right way get screwed in the process.

Last edited:
So, i was talking to the Coke cola guy... & so this is what he means that you will be able to recharge them?
Good! Cause i have about 8 of those cups now! lol

- - - Updated - - -

When I went in January it was every ten minutes, that keeps someone from taking their Freestyle cup and pouring it into the next person's cup for free and then immediately refilling theirs.

You have to keep in mind that for every one of us that would use the system the proper way, there are hundreds of people that will try to game the system any way they could. Just look at how single rider lines are used to see a vivid example of that. Every time a new feature comes out in the resorts, they have to think of every way someone will try to find a way around it and exploit it. And unfortunately, they never can find all of the loopholes, and the ones of us that would actually do things the right way get screwed in the process.

once you place you cup down... you only have 30 secs.
So chances are slim...
i got a soda then changed my mind and try to dump it out quickly and refill and only got like 25% of my cup filled lol

From Universal Orlando's Meal Deal page

From @OrlandoInformer

I have never understood how 1 day of an $11 coke is worth it . how much coke do people drink? I may get one if I am having lunch while Im there but dinner is usually at citywalk or somewhere else when Im on vacation I cant imagine ever wanting more than 2 sodas in a day at the park...a water maybe...its kind of gross to me. Unless you were going to be able to reuse your cups on other days but says just for one day so no thanks. What about the butter beer mug refills? do they still do that if you buty the plastic mug? Im not trying to swindle UNI or anything but when Im on vacation for a week and I go to WWOHP a few times why would I want to buy 2 or 3 souvenier mugs to get refills of butterbeer. cant you just use the one you bought already the day before? or is it like the coke. It all just seems really expensive to me just for sodas. Id rather just spend $2.99 and buy one if there isnt something reusable for your vacation. who would want to buy that giant cup every day on vacation? Do people really but 7 of those if they spend a week on vacation? I sure dont. just thoughts ...sorry for the ramble

I have never understood how 1 day of an $11 coke is worth it . how much coke do people drink? I may get one if I am having lunch while Im there but dinner is usually at citywalk or somewhere else when Im on vacation I cant imagine ever wanting more than 2 sodas in a day at the park...a water maybe...its kind of gross to me. Unless you were going to be able to reuse your cups on other days but says just for one day so no thanks. What about the butter beer mug refills? do they still do that if you buty the plastic mug? Im not trying to swindle UNI or anything but when Im on vacation for a week and I go to WWOHP a few times why would I want to buy 2 or 3 souvenier mugs to get refills of butterbeer. cant you just use the one you bought already the day before? or is it like the coke. It all just seems really expensive to me just for sodas. Id rather just spend $2.99 and buy one if there isnt something reusable for your vacation. who would want to buy that giant cup every day on vacation? Do people really but 7 of those if they spend a week on vacation? I sure dont. just thoughts ...sorry for the ramble

$11 gets you the cup and one day of refills, then you can reactivate the cup for $9 a day. So someone would save money if they have 4 or more sodas in a day at the park, which is not uncommon. If your there only 8 hours that is just 1 soda every 2 hours.

What doesn't work for me, and this is the same as the 99cent refill cups, is now you got this :censored: covered in sticky soda you got to carry around all day :yikes: No thanks, I'd rather spend $15 and get disposable cups. :thumbs:

I was there last week for 4 days, and purchased the freestyle cup 3 of the days. It was very handy, and has a carry handle, and fits upright inside the ride lockers. I think I got my money's worth out of them. Also you get many more choices of soda than with the other mugs or buying individual cups. The TMs were also giving me hints as to what to try. Like for example, I never would have even tried the Hi-C button, thinking it was just kids fruit punch, but one TM told me to try Hi-C orange vanilla, and it really did taste like an orange creamsicle just like they said. Many many flavors.

I come with a family of four, so change that 15 dollars a day to 60. Or I can spend 11.99 the first day and 8.99 for every other day, we can share a drink and save that 49 dollars for that day. When you multiply that out to our typical stay from on Saturday to the next Sunday, So compare 420 dollars for the week with a 66 dollars for the entire week, or a 354 dollar savings as a family. That's a lot of churros, T-Shirts and chocolate frogs I can get my kids.