Unmasking the Horror Tours | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Unmasking the Horror Tours

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm personally not too worried about the photo rule this year because there's 4 useable originals. And as someone who does the 2-pack that's perfect for me.
But are they touring those houses?

I just heard someone called the VIP tours and they said no pics.... I have an email in for confirmation, also waiting for feedback after the tours have started as we have up to three days prior to cancel for a full refund

so what houses do you think we will get a lights on tour of

If I had to guess, Dead Waters; Scarecrow: The Reaping; The Hive; The Fallen; American Horror Story; Ash vs. The Evil Dead; and Saw.

I don't see them touching Blumhouse, due to the apparent shakeups with that house and I don't see them touching Shining as I believe The Exorcist was why it was taken away last year for some reason.

Just a guess, but that I have to think they will only have three IP's for the UTH tours.

Uni's response:

"Hello,

Please be aware that the final decisions on what houses are included in the tour has not been made and will be subject to change at any time.

We will have select locations for photos within every house that will be visited. You will be given that information during the course of your tour.

We look forward to seeing you on October 4th.

Best Regards,"

Reactions: Jonea32
I'll take a guess and say the houses featured are:

AHS
Ash vs Evil Dead
Dead Waters
The Fallen
Scarecrow
The Shining

Hive has re-purposed Conjuring sets, so I doubt Universal will be eager to showcase that.
A third of Blumhouse is previously used sets PLUS includes the re-purposed Ouija scenes, so again, Universal probably won't have that.
Saw is said to not feature new traps outside of the room for the new film and probably won't have noteworthy sets.

I'll take a guess and say the houses featured are:

AHS
Ash vs Evil Dead
Dead Waters
The Fallen
Scarecrow
The Shining

Hive has re-purposed Conjuring sets, so I doubt Universal will be eager to showcase that.
A third of Blumhouse is previously used sets PLUS includes the re-purposed Ouija scenes, so again, Universal probably won't have that.
Saw is said to not feature new traps outside of the room for the new film and probably won't have noteworthy sets.

They usually have 6 set, and 2 back up. That's probably a very accurate list, but I'd wager Saw and Hive will serve as backups in case a house can't be shown on a particular day.

Last year, the 6 house tour for us was Halloween, TCM, Krampus, AHS, Ghost Town, and The Exorcist.

We will have select locations for photos within every house that will be visited. You will be given that information during the course of your tour.

That sounds promising. I still enjoy the behind the scenes look.

I remember last year that I was offered a full refund at the beginning of the tour and I went the first weekend of October, but we had to make the decision up front to cancel and get the refund.

As far as houses, I don't think Blumhouse will be used. When Insidious was featured at 24 it was a backup house and it was very difficult to photograph or see anything just because it was dark, even with the lights on.

Any update on which houses are featured on the morning/afternoon tours?
I did the morning only and went through Fallen, Dead Waters and AHS. Soooooooooo worth it! I'm guessing these could always change, but that's just based on an assumption if they're working on a certain house that morning. Still lots of work going into these houses in the daytime.

I did the morning only and went through Fallen, Dead Waters and AHS. Soooooooooo worth it! I'm guessing these could always change, but that's just based on an assumption if they're working on a certain house that morning. Still lots of work going into these houses in the daytime.

If those are morn, then it seems Blum, HIVE, and Shining are afternoon. Which is...sorta slanted.

Blum, Hive, Shining, Dead Waters, Fallen, and AHS seem to be the most common houses in the pool that the team is able to pull from.

To the best of my knowledge, they don't really have set scheduled houses any more. They allow the guides to improvise a bit based on the group and group size.

This started last year along with the new photo policy, and kicking people out in the afternoon instead of letting them stay in-park.

All that being said, the two groupings mentioned seem to be a relatively good guide to go by.

I'm thinking about doing this tour for the first time this year since this seems to be the strongest year for houses since I've been going to the event. I'm wanting to do the full morning and afternoon tour and have a couple of questions:

What time does the tour start and where does it meet up?

How does lunch work this year?

When the tour is over, will we have time to get back into the park and get into a stay and scream location?

Any update on which houses are featured on the morning/afternoon tours?

We did the 6 house tour on Thursday and did -in order- Blumhouse, Hive, Fallen, Dead Waters, AHS, Shining. Per our guide, they may alternate Ash if a house is not available and Saw is not featured due to tight spaces.

I'm thinking about doing this tour for the first time this year since this seems to be the strongest year for houses since I've been going to the event. I'm wanting to do the full morning and afternoon tour and have a couple of questions:

What time does the tour start and where does it meet up?

How does lunch work this year?

When the tour is over, will we have time to get back into the park and get into a stay and scream location?

The tour starts at 11:30am, with a suggested arrival between 11-11:15. The meet up is located in the Sharp Aquos Theater. There will be signage pointing you in the right direction.

Lunch is OK. I thought it was bit pricey ($9 for a foot-long hot dog). Time depends on the flow of the tours and other factors. We had our break after the 2nd house, and it lasted about 30 min.

Our tour ended around 3:45 so that's plenty of time.

The tour starts at 11:30am, with a suggested arrival between 11-11:15. The meet up is located in the Sharp Aquos Theater. There will be signage pointing you in the right direction.

Lunch is OK. I thought it was bit pricey ($9 for a foot-long hot dog). Time depends on the flow of the tours and other factors. We had our break after the 2nd house, and it lasted about 30 min.

Our tour ended around 3:45 so that's plenty of time.

Thanks so much for the info. With an 11 am arrival that still gives me plenty of time to get a few rides in before the tour so that's great.

I'm guessing that I'll try to eat a big lunch before we start the tour if that's the case with the food. I wish we had the opportunity to stop at a counter service restaurant, but I understand that it would be more time consuming.

Your list of the 6 houses you did are 6 of my 7 most anticipated (with Scarecrow being the one not featured) houses of the event this year. I think I might book the tour this year.

Reactions: Brian G.
Sorry, but I thought of one more question:

Do you get an AP discount for the tour if you call? I'm not expecting that you can, but I figured I would ask before I booked it online