Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

USH Tribute Store? (Speculation)

Dec 7, 2021
USH is currently seeking a Visual Merchandising Project Coordinator who, among other things, would, "Assist in all visual merchandising sets and seasonal strikes, which may require early mornings, split shifts, late night hours, and even weekends." I believe USH hasn't really had a Visual Merchandising team before now? Considering USH seems to be sticking with the seasonal store on CityWalk, and that a trademark has been filed by Universal for "Tribute Store," could it be possible they're looking to expand this seasonal offering to Hollywood? Would be sweet!

Edit: They're also searching for designers. Definitely looks like they're trying to build a team here. "Creates visual studies/mockups for internal and external stakeholders. Including but not limited to: 2D/3D concept rendering, façade design, technical package creation, in-store visual elements, window design, fixture design, store floorplans, in-store signage design, graphic design, photographs, asset management"

\

Here is the recent trademark:
1674520741896.png

Last edited:
I hope so...we have the room for a store like it and would just be another reason to visit the park more

I know it's a lol, but I genuinely think the last thing we'd want with 2028LA on the horizon: is a repeat of the Hogsmeade situation.
I'm more joking, I think online and some GE people might have complaints but Kids and most fans will have a blast and people will come no matter if a few people didn't love it...people went to Galaxy Edge even before the big ride opened....so sure it will be fine

Job posting for new Manager Retail Planning position includes a couple mentions of the new Visual Merchandising team. Most crucially:

• Partner with Buyers, Visual Merchandiser/Visual on incoming product to support seasonal and event store sets.

I also know the UOR merchandising team has been visiting the park this week. We're getting a Tribute Store y'all

Hollywood&Dine and Feature Presentations feel like a good in-park spot. Right up next to Main Street, about a similar footprint if they simply gut the portion up to the lockers; and it would allow them a front facade over on Hollywood&Dine with an easy way to queue people around over there.

ZenZone and Fossil were part of NintendoLA in the leaks. If Tilly's is next; then we know what is likely replacing those.

ZenZone and Fossil were part of NintendoLA in the leaks. If Tilly's is next; then we know what is likely replacing those.
Wait, is this newer info or that old concept art leak from a while back? I'm surprised to hear it might still be on the table, especially with the SNW store, then again that one will probably remain as a place to buy the park merch and power up bands.

Wait, is this newer info or that old concept art leak from a while back? I'm surprised to hear it might still be on the table, especially with the SNW store, then again that one will probably remain as a place to buy the park merch and power up bands.

The new Nintendo Store that's slated to go in City Walk is similar to the Nintendo Store that's in New York City. It will sell merchandise from all Nintendo franchises, including Pokemon, Metroid, Zelda, etc:

If I am not mistaken, NintendoLA took all three of those stores.

The new Nintendo Store that's slated to go in City Walk is similar to the Nintendo Store that's in New York City. It will sell merchandise from all Nintendo franchises, including Pokemon, Metroid, Zelda, etc:

Oh wow, Power Up Bands are in these designs too. If this is true, it'd be nice. The more places to sell them on site, the merrier.

If I am not mistaken, NintendoLA took all three of those stores.
Anyways, never thought I'd be half-hoping a store closes if this is true with Tilly's. It'd be awesome to finally have a West Coast equivalent to Nintendo NY.

SNW store is a much smaller scale project and was more just a way to find something profitable to do with that space is my understanding as the previous store wasn't pulling many people in. It would not prevent NintendoLA

UPDATE:
USH is still hiring for a project coordinator and are now hiring for, "Manager Retail Planning & Allocation." This also includes the "Partner with Buyers, Visual Merchandiser/Visual on incoming product to support seasonal and event store sets" line.

Biggest update is... USH is no longer hiring for Visual Merchandise designers. Tribute Store designers are being hired/have been hired! I think this launching with HHN is natural