Vamp ’69: Summer of Blood (HHN 32) | Inside Universal Forums

Vamp ’69: Summer of Blood (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Vamp ’69: Summer of Blood
At a 60s music fest in a small New York town, guests will jam to popular bands with fellow concert-goers until Dr. Oddfellow unleashes vicious vampires on the audience that are out for blood.

Who might we see/hear in this zone?

• Jimi Hendrix
  • Creedence Clearwater Revival
  • Janis Joplin
  • Joe Cocker
  • Joan Baez
  • Carlos Santana
  • Jefferson Airplane
  • Sly and the Family Stone
  • The Band
  • Blood, Sweat & Tears
  • Sweetwater
  • Mountain
  • Canned Heat
  • Arlo Guthrie
  • Sha-Na-Na

Who else?

Reactions: Midnight Detective

• Jimi Hendrix
  • Janis Joplin
  • Joe Cocker
  • Joan Baez
  • Carlos Santana
  • Jefferson Airplane
  • The Band
  • Blood, Sweat & Tears
  • Sweetwater
  • Mountain
  • Canned Heat
  • Arlo Guthrie
  • Sha-Na-Na

Who else?
All of those are likely candidates for the soundtrack but I assume only the people that are most recognizable to the general public (Hendrix, Joplin) would be explicit costumes. Members of those other bands can be just "insert generic hippie with a guitar or tambourine here" costumes.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I wasn’t born in the 60s, but I still consider myself a child of that era as many of my personal beliefs and my general personality very much so aligns with those found during that era. Count me the F in!

Reactions: Midnight Detective
From the podcast:

"In New York, we have Vamp '69: Summer of Blood. We have jumped over to the late 1960's. For fans that have been following the 3 years of vampires, we have this. But it's not just vamps. We are going into Music Fest '69. We are going to have a festival of music. This town has decided they want to come together as a community through music and lo-and-behold Dr. Oddfellow did it again. He dropped a coven of vampires to cause havoc all through this festivals. So, it's got a great BGM. The music score through that whole zone is your classic 1960s. Our costume makeup team is going insane with it.

There's another podcast coming as well that goes more in-depth with story. There is more to this vamp story. Vamp '55, the greaser who killed the homecoming queen, probably went to this music festival. But now, he's living in the '60s, he's got to disguise himself. The vamp that tells the story of Oddfellow in the podcast wasn't a part of '55, but was a part of '69 and then lived through Vamp '85 where she heard of a gentleman named Jack because he was there that year at HHN and she's trying to tell this whole story."

• Jimi Hendrix
  • Janis Joplin
  • Joe Cocker
  • Joan Baez
  • Carlos Santana
  • Jefferson Airplane
  • The Band
  • Blood, Sweat & Tears
  • Sweetwater
  • Mountain
  • Canned Heat
  • Arlo Guthrie
  • Sha-Na-Na

Who else?
Man, this will be filled with bangers.

Vamp ‘55 was amazing and I loved Vamp ‘85! Know a lot didn’t like ‘85 but I definitely did and hope ‘69 will be another great one. I’m also excited to see who Dr. Oddfellow(Wolf?) will be!

I wasn’t the biggest fan of Vamp ‘85 (despite the excellent soundtrack) but loved ‘55. The more the props show up, the more I’m actually thinking I will like this one a lot.

I wasn’t the biggest fan of Vamp ‘85 (despite the excellent soundtrack) but loved ‘55. The more the props show up, the more I’m actually thinking I will like this one a lot.
It's the other way around for me lol. I enjoyed Vamp '85 but wasn't a fan of Vamp '55. Even after getting a look at everything that has been set up for Vamp '69, it still hasn't clicked for me.

Reactions: Darko

It's the other way around for me lol. I enjoyed Vamp '85 but wasn't a fan of Vamp '55. Even after getting a look at everything that has been set up for Vamp '69, it still hasn't clicked for me.

I personally preferred vamp 85 much much more. It was really great with the stage. The location was much more fun.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Who was the security guard in the podcast Oddfellow dragged away the dead body of. Was it supposed to be Alotto?

My issue with Vamp ‘85 was how empty it felt. New York is a large area and the scare zone felt too sparse in my opinion. That obviously wasn’t a problem with ‘55 and I’m hoping from how this is looking, it won’t be a problem with this one.

Who was the security guard in the podcast Oddfellow dragged away the dead body of. Was it supposed to be Alotto?
It’s a disguised Alotto.
I believe he went and put on a disguise in fear that he was being tracked. I believe someone warned him about Oddfellow and it was a late response or last ditch effort to go and try to avoid capture.

It’s a disguised Alotto.
I believe he went and put on a disguise in fear that he was being tracked. I believe someone warned him about Oddfellow and it was a late response or last ditch effort to go and try to avoid capture.
I thought that, but didn’t Oddfellow need him alive to sacrifice him but the girl killed him(by accident) before that.

Last edited:
My issue with Vamp ‘85 was how empty it felt. New York is a large area and the scare zone felt too sparse in my opinion. That obviously wasn’t a problem with ‘55 and I’m hoping from how this is looking, it won’t be a problem with this one.
Yeah that's probably most likely gonna happen.
But the crowd of guests filled up the streets of vamp 85. So I don't know. I don't remember feeling empty. This area is always so crowded by guests

Yeah that's probably most likely gonna happen.
But the crowd of guests filled up the streets of vamp 85. So I don't know. I don't remember feeling empty. This area is always so crowded by guests
A bit of my issue with it was lack of props. They had just two stages and a van across the whole of NY. It was too sparse for that area.