Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hello Kitty is rarely any busier than Lucy was during the times I've walked through the store.
Every time I've been through the store (not many) it was empty and looked like a static art installation with everything in its place on shelves,...
Hello Kitty is just as empty , regardless of all the ballyhoo about it when it debuted in USF.
I mean, it may not be at the levels of the main, Potter, Spongebob, and Simpsons stores, but I've never seen Silver Screen empty (at least in the Hello Kitty section).

I mean, it may not be at the levels of the main, Potter, Spongebob, and Simpsons stores, but I've never seen Silver Screen empty (at least in the Hello Kitty section).
Seems like the Betty Boop side does better even concerning customer traffic.....This isn't an out of the way, hard to find park location. This store should be continually packed, just due to it's very prime location.

Last edited:
It doesn't check out. Once VillainCon arrives there will be two Minion rides, two gift shops (assuming they use the Shrek space), and a Minion Cafe. The least they could is keep it all contained on one street. Even if that street is the main walkway for most guests.

Looks like Shrek and Donkey will be relocating to the Barney Store section of the DreamWorks Destination building. Those are the same planters that were in front of the old meet and greet.
View attachment 16476
Until it's ready, Shrek and Fiona are meeting guests in the courtyard.
Kidzone is really gonna be the Communicore of Studios isn't it?

The similarities between Epcot & USF are astounding:
  • Food festivals to prop up attendance
  • Construction walls everywhere
  • Overarching themes that are no longer relevant (Future World/Studio Theme)
  • Attractions needing refurbishments (SSE, ET, etc.)
You can also add in “Attractions that rely heavily on screen usage” to that comparison. Epcot not quite as much, but it’s still similar enough.

You can also add in “Attractions that rely heavily on screen usage” to that comparison. Epcot not quite as much, but it’s still similar enough.
What do mean "not quite as much"? Epcot has more screen and projection based attractions then both Universal and Islands of adventure combined.

Reactions: Sithina and tielo
What do mean "not quite as much"? Epcot has more screen and projection based attractions then both Universal and Islands of adventure combined.
I don’t consider things like the circle vision shows or American Adventure, etc as screeen based attraction in the same way the stuff at USF is. Those are SHOWS, not RIDES. Also, there’s also rides in the park like SSE, Living With The Land, Frozen Ever After, and even something like the current Imagination ride which primarily rely on physical sets/AA’s.

Epcot has a lot of rides (you can include The Seas in this too), that at the very least mix physical and screen projection much better than USF imo. You don’t feel the screen presence in Epcot as much because they aren’t the focal point most of the time (the park only has one 3D ride). I think when someone puts on 3D glasses, it becomes more apparent in people’s minds that they are going to be looking at a screen. I know I certainly feel that.

With USH announcing their 2023 addition in SNW which is opening early next year, and the monsters cafe having minion themed walls erected around it, I think and hope its only a matter of time before USF announces the Villain Con attraction and hopefully gives us some concept art.

I'd take 2023 USF over 1993 USF any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I respect everyone's personal taste! Obviously, I strongly disagree, but I'd be genuinely interested to hear why you think the park is better in its current form (from the standpoint of your enjoyment, not "business" justifications).

When I think about the list of attractions I would have been disappointed to miss on a trip in 1993 versus a trip in 2022, it's absurd how little I feel like is a "must do" currently.

I think 2000 (with the opening of MIB) was the best the park has ever been.

I think I'd still take early 2015 USF over 2023 USF though. You'd still have Twister, Disaster, Beetlejuice, and T2-3D.

Losing both Twister and Beetlejuice/Disaster to simulators really compounded my issues with the park.

The replacements being based on properties I don't care about didn't help, either, but that's not a deal-breaker (I don't care about THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS as a franchise, yet I'd love to see that ride in USF).