Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sounded like a good time until
Additionally, the points system is apparently arbitrary. Shooting the same item multiple times results in different amounts of points and sometimes shooting nothing at all still gives you points.
Hoping that's just a kink being worked out still with these tests or else that's like building an escape room where it doesn't matter if you successfully escape the room lol.

Last edited:
Additionally, the points system is apparently arbitrary. Shooting the same item multiple times results in different amounts of points and sometimes shooting nothing at all still gives you points.
Hoping that's just a kink being worked out still with these tests or else that's like building an escape room where it doesn't matter if you successfully escape the room lol.
Yeah I can't tell if that is purposeful because of the amount of kids they anticipate on the ride or if its a malfunction. I like the idea of not having the typical "hit these 5 spots and max out your score" but without that it ends up as much more of a skill game and not sure they want that.

After multiple ride through I still had trouble figuring which objects give points and which don’t. It felt very random

So.. overall thoughts though?
It’s very chaotic. There are lots of mini reticles/icons for each persons blaster on the large screens that sort of feel cluttered. There’s a small 1inch size screen on the blaster that shows your running score and reticle before you ride, but even then I had trouble finding mine. It was also a smidge laggy but hey it’s still testing.

You are also packed closer to other people on the walkway than I expected, I had to move around to get other ppl out of my way and shoot. You also can run out of ammo and have to shoot boxes to get more ammo, which can get very annoying

It’s very chaotic. There are lots of mini reticles/icons for each persons blaster on the large screens that sort of feel cluttered. There’s a small 1inch size screen on the blaster that shows your running score and reticle before you ride, but even then I had trouble finding mine. It was also a smidge laggy but hey it’s still testing.

You are also packed closer to other people on the walkway than I expected, I had to move around to get other ppl out of my way and shoot. You also can run out of ammo and have to shoot boxes to get more ammo, which can get very annoying
Interesting!

I'm glad to hear there's at least some physical sets though.

Are there any physical targets? Or are they all on screen?