Villains Land at Magic Kingdom | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Villains Land at Magic Kingdom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It’s also fair to mention that those projects were canceled at a time when indoor theaters and high touch environments (play pavilion) weren’t guaranteed to ever make a comeback after the pandemic, and were subsequently shelved.
Main Street Theater was cancelled in 2018.

Main Street Theater was cancelled in 2018.
Good for you for having a better memory than me.

They found structural issues, that would’ve made it very costly to construct, and, while it was never officially canceled by Disney, it was shelved until they could come up with a solution. While working on said solution, the pandemic hit. At least that’s what I heard from a few folks attached to the project.

Play Pavilion wasn’t JUST canceled due to Covid… the budget also ballooned and they couldn’t figure out a way to bring the cost down… and then the pandemic hit. They were internally canceled/delayed indefinitely during the pandemic, like my original post states.

I don’t remember writing that Covid was the reason they were never built. I remember writing that they were officially done in that pandemic period, cuz it was just another hurdle they didn’t want to try to jump.