Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Vintage Walt Disney World Resort

Fantasyland in the 70s

scan374.jpg

scan392.jpg

scan399.jpg

scan417.jpg

scan420.jpg

scan468.jpg

.​

Old School DHS/MGM:

m_dougext.jpg

River Country
rcareabig.jpg

rcslide.jpg

rctubesover.jpg

All pictures from Lostepcot.com

I don't remember it, but my family told me the story of the time we saw doug (i used to love that tv show, btw). Apparantly, when they asked for volunteers, my brother raised my dad's hand. Guess who was picked to put on a very bright wig and be the drummer! And I loved river country! Again, I was very little, but i remember it being so much fun. I wish i was old enough to go on the slides though. I was only allowed in the little kids section with my sister. If my memory serves me right, the stairs for the slides in the children's section criss-crossed, so if you wanted to go down the left slide, you went up the right stairs. I always had trouble with that...

I think it was converted around 2004 or so. I'd have to double check. It was closed though since the accident on the Skyway.

Of the accident? In 1998, an employee was working on a cabin when the skyway accidently started up. He fell 40 feet. Now the closure of the Skyway wasn't a direct result of this. However with the accident, economic reasonings, and the fact that it wasn't wheelchair accessible, Disney decided to do away with it. 5 years earlier, Disneyland closed it's Skyway since it was affecting the structure of the Matterhorn.

Of the accident? In 1998, an employee was working on a cabin when the skyway accidently started up. He fell 40 feet. Now the closure of the Skyway wasn't a direct result of this. However with the accident, economic reasonings, and the fact that it wasn't wheelchair accessible, Disney decided to do away with it. 5 years earlier, Disneyland closed it's Skyway since it was affecting the structure of the Matterhorn.

Wow, thanks for sharing that, Brian. I've never heard of the accident on the Skyway. My brother always told me that it was closed because people kept throwing stuff or spitting on people/CM's. :( :lol: