Vloggers & Youtubers | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Vloggers & Youtubers

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Too many of these people go from just "here are my pictures/videos of theme parks" to cults of personality where they suddenly are the stars of the videos all trying to become famous on some level. I have a friend who used to do videos of coasters online and (10+ years later after stopping) still gets people that come up to him and say "Hey, aren't you ____ from the internet? I watch your videos all the time". They seem to love the attention and it quickly goes to their heads.

I made sure when I used to maintain my own site that it wasn't about me, it was about the parks. I rarely even gave much commentary on the pictures. The problem is that those "personalities" are seen by the parks as social media influencers now so they are catered to by the parks which only makes their egos bigger.

Reactions: Jon84
I'm not sure what the point of the thread was @Joe, it was a general discussion/opinion topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andysol
I'm not sure what the point of the thread was @Joe it was a general discussion/opinion topic.
Right- of all the off-topic threads, this one is as in topic as it gets. :)

The original question from op:
Anyone got any thoughts on the theme park vloggers/youtubers?

Yes... we do have thoughts. Lots of them, obviously :D
We're being civil and I'm loving reading everyone's posts- differing or otherwise.

Right- of all the off-topic threads, this one is as in topic as it gets. :)

The original question from op:

Yes... we do have thoughts. Lots of them, obviously :D
We're being civil and I'm loving reading everyone's posts- differing or otherwise.

Yeah I don't think we are being nasty towards any individuals, it is a very generic discussion

I don't follow the industry, but I know the internet changed advertising. From what I saw (having a long child at the time) Leapfrog had a surprise hit with their child products after a few mommies had their kids play with their child iPad.

That is when I noticed companies wanting reviews from people with followings.

My only experience personally was some English lad that plays video games, the kids over here eat it all up (Dan DTM or TDM, I never really get the initials), but my daughter enjoys watching him.

My experience came from when he played in Orlando at the performing arts center...two sold out shows. I thought he did a good job of keeping his show enjoyable...the kids go crazy for him. He is a rock star in his own right.

Anyway, I felt he was pretty sincere in his appreciation of his fans....but this guy must make large amounts of money, I mean his touring production and team did not look all that large/complex...and if he gets two shows a day out of any places he brings his show, he is doing well just in the touring/merch aspect.

I imagine everyone thinks, hey I can do that, but I guess this Adan guy was in early...timing is everything...now that everyone can be a reporter, I assume one day people will tire of this stuff...but my wife loves reality TV so I imagine I just do not get Jon Q public!

@Frank Drackman the big thing with kids is “youtube Kids” and toy reviews. There are a handful of these and all they do is open up the latest “it” toys. Most only show their hands and talk in high pitched voices that appeal to kids.

Next thing you know- your kids want “shopkins” or “hatchimals” and the must-have Christmas item is born.
I read an article about it one time and they estimate the toy reviewer who is a South American sounding lady, clears ~5 million a year or more. No one knows who she is either- all they have are contact emails and her YouTube name.

Reactions: Frank Drackman