1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Volcano Bay Cabanas

Discussion in 'Volcano Bay Water Park' started by JakesAllAmerican, Mar 12, 2017.

1. MiddKid

MiddKid Newcomer

Yes, advance cabana reservations have been re-opened for a few weeks. They've been time restricted though. Right now you can book through 9/30.

People must be doing it as when I arrived at opening last Thursday all the cabanas were already marked sold out.

Porkchop likes this.
  2. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

Great review @MiddKid!

Just wanted to echo a tip for others who have rented cabanas and are utilizing early entry. I read that some were dropping off their stuff in chairs in front of the volcano, taking advantage of the lower wait times for the first hour or two, and THEN heading over to cabana check-in.

This totally worked for us. If you have any non-riders with you (I had my mom and aunt in tow), they can take care of the cabana check-in for you as well. Then, when we were ready to head over, we made a family's day with a primo spot in front of the Volcano!

Ashhanbre, Andysol and Porkchop like this.
  3. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

So after doing it and knowing what you know now- if you got another cabana for free - what would you do differently to try to have a better cabana experience?

4. MiddKid

MiddKid Newcomer

That's a great question.
    • I'd go directly to the correct concierge hut. I was too nervous to go to a different hut not knowing if it was the right thing to do, or even which one was the "right" one. Given the price point, however, I'd argue (someone else in this thread mentioned it too) that cabanas should have a separate check-in process. Why am I waiting behind people renting towels when I paid $300 for the day? It's similar to when you stay on the concierge level at a Disney hotel. The security guard at the parking lot gets your name and when you pull up the concierge is waiting to take you to your room. In general, I'm not a snobby/luxury type guy, but when I pay $299 I expect more. They use the term "concierge service" in the description.
    • I'd make sure the fridge is cold, ours was off
    Outside of that, there is not much I'd personally do differently. Needing to wait 1.5 hours for our food wasn't anything I did. Them not being able to run my credit card due to overheating card readers wasn't anything I'd change.

Value is relative. We were an active family of 5 who spent most of the time on the slides. Our only extended time in the cabana was waiting for food and eating food. So for us, the value wasn't really there. Especially since the tapu kiosk added virtually no value for us. If we had non-riders or had encountered a rain storm that we wanted to ride out I can definitely see more value being added.

Joel and Andysol like this.
  5. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

I agree about the check-in process. I'm debating on getting the cabana first or doing what @UNIrd has suggested- just putting stuff down and checking in later.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  6. Porkchop

Porkchop Rookie

I wanna put stuff down and head to the slides, but I am NOT leaving my phone/camera by itself, one of the benefits of that cabana is the free locker. Stinks.

Now I am going to have anxiety watching everyone run to slides as I am loading into my cabana lol

Andysol likes this.
  7. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

I'm planning on throwing my phone up in the air at the top of the volcano, riding the drop slide, and then catching it from the bottom.
    I'll let you know how it works out

Journey_On, Porkchop and Joel like this.
  8. Porkchop

Porkchop Rookie

[​IMG]

9. Frank Drackman

Frank Drackman Premium Member

For a phone, buy one of those waterproof bags (probably camping section at a place like Walmart) before you head to Orlando.

Porkchop likes this.