Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 159 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too be more precise. It's not the rock that makes Avatar stunning. The rock work isn't that detailed and is pretty basic. It's the plants and vines that have been added almost covering up the work that make the structure impressive. You will see much more of the actual rock work at Volcano Bay then you will at Avatar.

It will be interesting to see if any gutters are built into the volcano to direct the water falling down it.

I think the major issue with Hogwarts is the shape and massive size of the FJ show building. I'm guessing management realized that it would be difficult to cover the building from every angle without a massive undertaking and just couldn't justify the cost when it was only one piece (even if it is the centerpiece) of a land. I will admit they could have done a bit more, and I'm sure it would have added to the immersion, but they were probably running over budget and decided to keep cost low if they couldn't go all the way.

Volcano Bay is an entire park. FJ is one ride. Also, you have to remember that the Universal post HP and the expansion's success is far less timid than the one hoping to change their fortune with Hogsmeade.
The other Hogsmeades have exposed FJ buildings as well.

I had the opportunity to go to one of the upper floors of the Contemporary Resort today and it was really cool seeing the steel skeleton of the volcano rising above the trees. Now if that thing belches fire periodically, it will be a real beacon to Disney guests...
I'm sure that view was totally not on purpose ;)

What else of Uni can be seen?

Reactions: Joel
Those were just cloned. It would have been interesting to see what they would've done had they not just copied and pasted.
If I recall there are various differences between each of them so they're not just "copy and paste." The Black Lake in Japan for one.

What else of Uni can be seen?
You can usually see Dr. Doom, the JP building and the tops of Hogwarts. Right now you can see the two cranes working on the CB Towers and the top of the volcano has been visible for some time, but is REALLY visible now!

If I get a chance to go up again I'll try to bring a camera (besides my phone).

Reactions: JoeCamel and Mike S
An Orlando Sentinel article about a patent for wand technology also had this:

One of the inventors associated with the patent, Ross Osterman, has worked on other concepts for the company. They include a patent filed several years ago for multi-colored or illuminated water-park beach surfaces. Universal wouldn't say whether such a feature might appear in Volcano Bay, the water park it will open next year.

The application filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office details the use of "containment structures" holding sand-like particles that create rainbow hues or are lit up from below.

Does anyone know about this? It certainly sounds interesting.

That has confused me for the past two years... I posted the hand-drawn diagrams but I could not understand where the hotel ended and park began.

And allow me to be cocky for a second, check this link, and then go back ten pages prior to see if anyone had a clue before it. One of my best moments on here. :)

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 44 | Orlando United Forums

Ic4ffB7.jpg

I may have posted this before, but I shall post it again. Just a respite from all of us thinking too much.

There is some wild irony to me posting this BTW. ;)

Well the song is about Bali Hai. The troops think of Bali Ha’i as an exotic paradise, but it is off-limits — except to officers. The matriarch of Bali Ha’i, Bloody Mary who is singing the song, conducts a lot of business with the troops, and she meets Lt. Joseph Cable right after he arrives. She sings to him her mysterious song "Bali Ha’i", with its haunting orchestral accompaniment, because she wants to entice him to visit her island. She doesn’t tell him that she wants him to meet, and fall in love with, her young daughter, Liat.

So I'm guessing the volcano is off limits and going to be advertised as such except for the select few. Or we are US troops visiting a foreign island is the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.