Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 167 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The slide complex at the south end is the kiddie slides? I first thought they were on the I-4 side but it looks like they have the footings and pool is much lower than the one on the east side. That would be Run-a-mucka?

If Volcano Bay is only using lights and water the downside to that is it can only really erupt during the night, which if i'm not mistaken Universal can only be opened till like 8 at night till they're forced to shut down due to the sound it produces in the area it's in.

Can you source the "only open till 8" comment?

Since its open till 10 in the summer times, the not open past 8 isn't true ( I have heard the coasters need to shut at 11 due to noise, but that doesn't stop the rest of the park. HHN has stayed open until 2am)
I may have over exaggerated however my point was being Universal usually closes more earlier than the other parks. IoA closes at 7 tonight while Universal closes at 8:30. All of the disney parks close at 9 with a show. (Also this is just a question but at Universal dont they close some of the attractions down earlier before it closes?)

I may have over exaggerated however my point was being Universal usually closes more earlier than the other parks. IoA closes at 7 tonight while Universal closes at 8:30. All of the disney parks close at 9 with a show. (Also this is just a question but at Universal dont they close some of the attractions down earlier before it closes?)
Magic Kingdom, yes. Animal Kingdom used to close at 5. The studios often closed early as well off season. And Future World at Epcot closes at 7 (exceptions for a few newer attractions).

Reactions: Mike S
Couple more from Bioreconstruct, not really VB but I guess Cabana bay progress is still relevant here considering its so closely linked? it is interesting to see what appears to be the roof structure on the towers already, I thought they were going to go higher than that.

New permit:

Forget what you know about park hours NOW. That will most likely all change with the addition of Volcano Bay. Magic Kingdom used to only stay open to 8 and 9 at night when it was the only park and attendance was under 10 million a year. It still does close at 9 on slower days. With more hotels, more resort guests, and more multi-day guests, hours will expand as attendance goes up.

A waterpark is quiet. There are no roaring coasters or anything else that makes a lot of noise. Theoretically they could be the park the park open the latest. And as for neighbor complaints, they really have no leg to stand on against Universal. Except for a very few houses on the north side of the property that were built before the park was, they all knew when they bought their homes that they were right next to a world class theme park. If you don't want to live next to it, why did you buy a house there? It's not like it was hidden until after they closed on the house.

So . . .I cant recall but has anyone done a bare bones list of what the slides are? Like 1 tornado, 4 drop body slides . . . etc?

Slides:
4 Mat Racers - In Volcano
2 Skybox Twisters - In Volcano
1 Skybox Freefall - In Volcano
1 Hydromagnetic Rocket - Standalone/ Volcano
1 Flying Saucer - South Tower
1 Tornado 24 - South Tower
1 Tornado Wave 60 - Northwest Tower
1 Mammoth - Northwest Tower
2 Pipeline - Southwest Tower
2 Pipeline Constrictors - Southwest Tower
2 Turbo Twisters - East Tower (not yet constructed)

Kid Water Fortress:
1 Water Kingdom - Attached to Volcano

Other:
1 Wave Pool
1 Wave River

Status
Not open for further replies.