Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 180 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have the concept artwork handy, but I like how in the Cirque du Soleil water park, all plastic tubes will be covered in vines/foliage.

I kinda wish they did that for Volcano Bay. Although there is something fun about seeing the brightly colored slides.

Don't know if this has been discussed but are there supposed to be any show scenes inside the volcano? Will the tubes be transparent or open once inside? I imagine some lava here and there. Something to make this stand out from typical water slides.

I'm fairly certain that the tubes will be clear and we're waiting on the wrappers to come off. I'm guessing they're going to be clear for a reason and hopefully something creative is done.

Personally, I think these are going to be fast slides so I don't think you'll be able to see anything any way but I also found out that not being able to open your eyes under water is weird (I thought everybody kept their eyes closed under water like myself :shrug:) so every clear tube slide I've been on is probably way more awesome for everybody else.

Couple of things I noticed in the latest photos:

1: You can see the saucer turns structure being formed in the upper left of the site on the new slide tower being constructed (assuming the wave pool is the 'front').

2: I would assume the 'drop' slides will be located to the left of the exit pool for the two intertwining body slides coming out of the volcano. The pool that is built there is very deep and there appears to be the beginnings of the slide structure adjacent to it.

3: The water coaster appears to be complete. It is more compact than I initially thought it would be. Looks like there will be some good sudden steep (but short) drops on it. Not sure where any show scenes would be though. Other than a couple of turns the majority of the slide is in the open. Although, we do know from early construction that at least one of the turns inside the volcano is a somewhat transparent tube. I believe there will be lighting effects projected on the outside of the tube to simulate glowing lava.

I can't imagine that there will be any "scenes" for the water coaster. As far as length, it appears as long as it always was, just a different configuration now that it involves the volcano.

WHAT ARE YOU ALL GOING ON ABOUT 'SHOW SCENES' - I honestly can't even picture what you are all going on about shows in tunnels and every little crack and crevice in this volcano haha. Are we going to stop on the slide and watch a short show on a screen then carry on or something??? any kind of video to explain where this has been done and to give me an idea or are you simply talking about special effects?

Nice to see the progress of both rivers, the tunnel for the lazy river I believe passes under the kids area and it is also shown in the concept video where there is a water fall as you exit/enter the tunnel. Can't wait to see the rapids river start to enter the volcano. Think I marked out where I think it will enter/exit a few pages back but I am still going with it passing between the two water coaster drops between the volcano and the water coaster station.

I hope this does open in time, we're in Orlando 21st June for 2 weeks!

Good work on those pulling together the content for this thread!

My lens is EVERYWHERE! lol. Nope, we're actually looking over towards Safari Falls (which is what our User driver called it 5x yesterday, so it's kinda stuck...) this time. As a pro tip, we much prefer it to the outside view of the Continental we had last time, if anyones making requests anytime soon.

I'm looking forward to more photos but, man, this is so depressing. Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: amityboattours
How do they plan on hiding that parking garage from the VB entrance?
Probably some sort of berm.

It's impossible to hide completely though, nor is it really a big deal, imo considering you won't see it from inside the park. I mean they have 2 giant 400 room tower hotels peering over the VB, that should be more of a concern if you're to be concerned about anything breaking immersion.

Reactions: Trumen882
Status
Not open for further replies.