Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 274 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the area to the left of the entrance along I-4 West part of the tram path, or will that be planted over?

I believe the structure at the back is the employee garage, so it looks like it would connect to Turkey Lake Road.

So many people worried this place won't be done on time for the opening, I guess from working in the construction industry I see much larger architectural construction come together in amazingly short amounts of time which may help me not being worried at all but regardless all you need to do is compare all the aerials we keep bombarding this forum with which are now almost weekly and you can see how fast things progress. The main structural side of the construction is pretty much done the rest of the landscaping and themeing etc really isn't going to take that long with the amount of staff there. Sit back and relax, if anyone is to worry let the employees at Uni who are responsible for project managing worry.

So many people worried this place won't be done on time for the opening, I guess from working in the construction industry I see much larger architectural construction come together in amazingly short amounts of time which may help me not being worried at all but regardless all you need to do is compare all the aerials we keep bombarding this forum with which are now almost weekly and you can see how fast things progress. The main structural side of the construction is pretty much done the rest of the landscaping and themeing etc really isn't going to take that long with the amount of staff there. Sit back and relax, if anyone is to worry let the employees at Uni who are responsible for project managing worry.
I agree. The company doing the landscaping will be last out and they'll know exactly how many people they need for the time they have. If they have a shorter time, they'll get more people in around the clock. Simple!

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
I agree. The company doing the landscaping will be last out and they'll know exactly how many people they need for the time they have. If they have a shorter time, they'll get more people in around the clock. Simple!

Exactly, just like most construction projects with big budgets, normally time constraints just mean more man power regardless of cost unless it really is a colossal mess up most of these projects set dates and events for opening well in advance so its not as simple to just say hold on we will open 3 weeks later, it would cost them more cancelling a grand opening than throwing a few extra contractors on the job....

With Universal's background as a film studio, they seem to take mood lighting pretty seriously. Even the hyper themed Islands of Adventure breaks the illusion often to stick in lots of colorful studio lighting in every nook and cranny of the park. One would hope VB is no different.

I think lighting rigs like these pointed at slides would do the trick for nighttime mood setting, and making it not as scary to ride at night. These are pointed at Kong. Even though they're some serious setups, they're actually hardly noticeable when walking by.

00409.MTS_.Still047.jpg

00409.MTS_.Still048.jpg

When you look at the pre visual presentation of the park (make it a high resolution) you can see light poles (maybe also speakers) (yellow) during the top-down view from the volcano at the beach of the pool. You can see more of these poles in the video (it's that good of a presentation). You can even see it in the still of the video below.

Typhoon Lagoon was designed to have night hours so it has the right lighting.

I was staring at concept art again (I do that from time to time), and noticed the yellow lighting poles in it:

Universals-Volcano-Bay-lights.jpg

Probably because it's not being made for off-site guests.
Based on some of the demographic I'd see lined up for Wet n Wild, maybe the price is also to deter that crowd from showing up. Wasn't surprised to hear that there was a shooting there a few years back based on a lot of the questionable, atypical theme park crowd I'd see going there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts