Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 314 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well its always good to get different perspectives although i disagree with him about the water park theme park thing its just not a big deal to me
the one day ticket thing does bother me

With the back end of the volcano, the one that is wide open, are they planning to enclose it more? I know that they will not seal it completely, but the concept art shows more rockwork ascending to the right of the final drop for the water coaster.

Anyone know if what we're seeing is the final rockwork being installed?

Reactions: Trumen882
With the back end of the volcano, the one that is wide open, are they planning to enclose it more? I know that they will not seal it completely, but the concept art shows more rockwork ascending to the right of the final drop for the water coaster.

Anyone know if what we're seeing is the final rockwork being installed?
I imagine they wanted a more open view to expose more of the slides..I wouldn't expect anymore where scaffolding is down

Reactions: Joel and USO92
I'm also sort of confused how the concept art could be so off on the rockwork. Universal is usually spot on with their concept art, but the rock work circled in red doesn't seem to exist in the construction site. Even though minor details like the temple supports circled in blue are spot on. Incredibly bizarre but the landscaping looks beautiful in the aerials.

Capture d’écran 2016-11-03 à 21.27.28.png

I'm also sort of confused how the concept art could be so off on the rockwork. Universal is usually spot on with their concept art, but the rock work circled in red doesn't seem to exist in the construction site. Even though minor details like the temple supports circled in blue are spot on. Incredibly bizarre but the landscaping looks beautiful in the aerials.

View attachment 3894

They're still building like crazy. There's still a possibility that they patch some of the hole at the side, they could possibly still need access for cranes that would be difficult or slow to manuver.

Reactions: USO92 and 12th Man
There's a small part of me that can't get over the thought that if I was to tap the volcano it would sound hollow since I've watched it been built from nothing.

I'm know that the pieces are more than fibreglass and that it has a coat of concrete over the top and will sound solid but until I'm physically standing there and tapping it, I won't be able to think otherwise.

There's a small part of me that can't get over the thought that if I was to tap the volcano it would sound hollow since I've watched it been built from nothing.

I'm know that the pieces are more than fibreglass and that it has a coat of concrete over the top and will sound solid but until I'm physically standing there and tapping it, I won't be able to think otherwise.
That sound you hear is Vol calling you..

Status
Not open for further replies.