Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 394 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, is anyone planning on going down that vertical tube?

We're heading down last week of May/first week of June. i want to go just to say i did, but i'm not so sure. A few drinks in i'll probably go, but... holy crap!
I will go down it, but only once I have firstly located the nearest restroom at the end of it...
I did the bomb Bay at Wet n Wild and let's just say it 'dislodged' things that had potentially been in there for a very, very long time. I've never ran so fast in my life!! :yikes:

I am sooo waiting for this eruption!! I don't even care if it is a day eruption. I also think we are going to hear a major announcement around the opening of this. Fingers crossed!!!

Reactions: 12th Man
They may try for mock from 11 - 14.
Dang, in 4 days?? Good luck with that!
giphy.gif

Reactions: JoeCamel
I did the bomb Bay at Wet n Wild and let's just say it 'dislodged' things that had potentially been in there for a very, very long time. I've never ran so fast in my life!! :yikes:

I don't know exactly what you're talking about. It's either the front or the back- and I don't know which one is worse to have dislodged. :p

Reactions: amityboattours
I'll be curious to find out where the queue splits for the three trap door slides. I think we all know that the clear slide will have the longest wait, although I suspect that the two twisters will be far better rides. Will you decide your slide at the base of the volcano, half way up, or up in the crow's nest?

Reactions: Coasted
I'll be curious to find out where the queue splits for the three trap door slides. I think we all know that the clear slide will have the longest wait, although I suspect that the two twisters will be far better rides. Will you decide your slide at the base of the volcano, half way up, or up in the crow's nest?
I think they will have completely separate queues. The one for the twisters, I believe will snake up the mountain through the hole in the mountain facing I-4. Then, it will zig zag along the interior volcano like we can clearly see in construction shots. The single drop capsule queue will start near the kids area where the staircase is being completed. It winds up the mountain above the Krakatoa aqua coaster u-turns. Then it also zig zags in the interior of the volcano past the hole on the cabana bay side of the volcano.

I think the tallest one has separate because in the releases of information they said you have to reach that slide to find Vol

I'd imagine they'd need to be separate at the bottom so Tapu can work correctly wouldn't they?

Reactions: Scott W.
One of the big things I'm holding out for, that you can't really tell from aerial photography, is a little bit of elevation change in the park layout. As silly as that sounds, it makes a world of difference in Islands of Adventure, especially from Lost Continent all the way to Jurassic Park. Just that 10 ft change in height gives the whole environment a different feel. I'm hoping they've done this with Volcano Bay, particularly behind the kid's play area and then again over by the QSR on the southern tip of the park. It would be a nice touch considering there's a 200 ft volcano protruding from the middle of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.