Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 93 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pics everyone. Wild that they are attaching the rebar forms in the middle of vertical construction. I wish someone would get their hands on that backing material. I want to know what it is. God forbid I should call Nassal and just ask. I called a vendor in the UK for Diagon after all.

Reactions: IzzyB and Mike S
I took a ride on the Orlando Eye about an hour ago and got some photos.
v2zjaq8.jpg

ad9mGGO.jpg

RuHYRk6.jpg

I dunno about the black/yellow/red slides having the Aqualaunch/Skybox attached to them. Those slides are usually more "straight to the point" vs these that seem to meander.

I think the central construction for the volcano may contain the stairs to the top and support the platform above? the frame seems pretty empty in the center for potential stairs and open at the bottom for access. Could be completely wrong though.

I dunno about the black/yellow/red slides having the Aqualaunch/Skybox attached to them. Those slides are usually more "straight to the point" vs these that seem to meander.
That's what I think as well, they usually spiral in only one direction. Would be neat though if VB had a bran new type of Serpentine Super Loop Slides.

I started to have the same feeling however analyzing all the info we have I have changed my mind, I think ha. There are four slides on site, looking at the skyboxes in storage there also happens to be four, two black, one yellow, one red/orange (molten magma ;)), there does not seem to be enough slide pieces left over of these colours to create another four slides...

13243704_1729062220672722_5340023402012294021_o.jpg

So where would they start from? Most of pictures on google seem to show them starting from some form of rectangular tower with them either passing through the center or passing through some over hanging floor extending from the main structure. Like below:

IMG003.jpg
skybox-freefall-skara-sommarland-axvall-sweden-red-orange.jpg

skybox-speed-slide-six-flags-great-america-gurnee-illinois-usa-yellow-orange-drop-feature-800x800.jpg

So could they start from the center tower within the volcano? This is the only part I struggle with, its not unrealistic but it seem quite a distance when looking at the below image but lets consider that image is quite old in comparison to how many slide pieces are up now which have now extended closer to the volcano. Also looking at the angle of the current slides they would need quite a bit more to take you from near vertical skyboxes to the much more mellow angle they are currently at, so maybe viable?

image.jpg

One last thing, it appears there maybe a second tower going up on the right of the left tower in the image above, both of these also look like they are at the ideal angle to deliver you to the current slide pieces which may also explain the small concrete supports between both sections of slides and the towers.

Also check out the concept art below, is that a skybox in orange starting in the middle there!?!?! and does it go from orange to clear tubes whilst it passes through the volcano and then back to colour out of the back? Does this also explain the colours coming from the center of the volcano as if it has erupted?

VBskybox.jpg

Yeah I have probably over analysed this completely but its fun trying to work out what is going on. Probably 100% wrong too :lol:. Sorry to have taken up so much room with this post!

I started to have the same feeling however analyzing all the info we have I have changed my mind, I think ha. There are four slides on site, looking at the skyboxes in storage there also happens to be four, two black, one yellow, one red/orange (molten magma ;)), there does not seem to be enough slide pieces left over of these colours to create another four slides...

So where would they start from? Most of pictures on google seem to show them starting from some form of rectangular tower with them either passing through the center or passing through some over hanging floor extending from the main structure. Like below:

IMG003.jpg

skybox-speed-slide-six-flags-great-america-gurnee-illinois-usa-yellow-orange-drop-feature-800x800.jpg

So could they start from the center tower within the volcano? This is the only part I struggle with, its not unrealistic but it seem quite a distance when looking at the below image but lets consider that image is quite old in comparison to how many slide pieces are up now which have now extended closer to the volcano. Also looking at the angle of the current slides they would need quite a bit more to take you from near vertical skyboxes to the much more mellow angle they are currently at, so maybe viable?

image.jpg

One last thing, it appears there maybe a second tower going up on the right of the left tower in the image above, both of these also look like they are at the ideal angle to deliver you to the current slide pieces which may also explain the small concrete supports between both sections of slides and the towers.

Also check out the concept art below, is that a skybox in orange starting in the middle there!?!?! and does it go from orange to clear tubes whilst it passes through the volcano and then back to colour out of the back? Does this also explain the colours coming from the center of the volcano as if it has erupted?

VBskybox.jpg

Yeah I have probably over analysed this completely but its fun trying to work out what is going on. Probably 100% wrong too :lol:. Sorry to have taken up so much room with this post!
I as well noticed mentioned the clear section a while ago, really hope it is done like that, that would be awesome. Also, there is a black tube section installed inside the volcano, this might be for this slide, hopefully it is a superloop rather than a straight drop, straight drops are nice, but superloops are nicer.
As for the red, yellow, black slides; I think they are the serpentine version of the bodyslide, don't think this has been done with a dropbox yet, so it could be this is what they are for, but normally these slides are very fast, so not sure how well it would work with all the different turns.

Reactions: Dan B
I as well noticed mentioned the clear section a while ago, really hope it is done like that, that would be awesome. Also, there is a black tube section installed inside the volcano, this might be for this slide, hopefully it is a superloop rather than a straight drop, straight drops are nice, but superloops are nicer.
As for the red, yellow, black slides; I think they are the serpentine version of the bodyslide, don't think this has been done with a dropbox yet, so it could be this is what they are for, but normally these slides are very fast, so not sure how well it would work with all the different turns.

I have such a lack of experience with water parks and slides in general so I am guessing everything. Looking at the pieces in storage again and they don't seem to be actual drop boxes, they look more like they are normal slide entries sitting on their end? Now I think about it I can't say I have even spotted anything in storage resembling the cylindrical dropbox... Ah well, I think it would be awesome if the slides did start in the volcano with faster clear sections maybe lighting them up inside with effects and then send you outside to the slower parts of the slide.

The reason I believe these slides go with the Skyboxes is the color. These are the only slides that match the color of the Skyboxes. And there aren't any other pieces these colors over in staging area. So they pretty have to be the ones.

Reactions: Mike S and Dan B

IMG003.jpg

image.jpg

VBskybox.jpg

Never apologise for a long post!

I think you're onto something there with the sky box into the clear slide. I didn't realise how close the black, yellow and red slides were to the volcano until I see that aerial photo in your post. I'm sure somebody has already mentioned that the drop boxes will be going into the volcano.

Looking at the concept art, this is about 3/4 of the way up in the volcano.
Universal%25E2%2580%2599s%2BVolcano%2BBay%2BUn%2B3%25C3%25A8me%2Bparc%2Bs%25E2%2580%2599installe%2B%25C3%25A0%2BUniversal%2BOrlando.jpg

3/4 of the way up you're talking about 150ft and being the tallest body slide in the US.

http://www.waterslidedatabase.com/worlds-tallest

Looking at the concept art again, you can see a yellow slide weaving it's way out of the volcano too.

Well those drop boxes confirms it! I'm all confused now lol. The pool is on the opposite side of the slides but the concept shows the translucent slide near the pool. I also see the yellow slide in the concept. Could the translucent slide be on its own as it seems the run out is on the pool side vs where the black/yellow/red slides are?

Well those drop boxes confirms it! I'm all confused now lol. The pool is on the opposite side of the slides but the concept shows the translucent slide near the pool. I also see the yellow slide in the concept. Could the translucent slide be on its own as it seems the run out is on the pool side vs where the black/yellow/red slides are?

Yes, the super tall slide has nothing to do with the black,red,yellow slides. AND I finally figured out the black, red, yellow slides.... they have been moved slightly... they were originally supposed to be due west and now they are southwest. And yes, they are all coming from within the volcano although they are more typical slide heights and perhaps not drop units. I believe there are 5-6 slides within the cano. Perhaps more...

Yeah, after looking more closely at the Mako Madness pic, I'm convinced that what we thought were drop boxes, aren't drop boxes. Guest regular entries. But they do go with the slides we see, and they will start inside the volcano.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Yeah, after looking more closely at the Mako Madness pic, I'm convinced that what we thought were drop boxes, aren't drop boxes. Guest regular entries. But they do go with the slides we see, and they will start inside the volcano.

Dang...and I was thinking they could mix the colors from when you start, you would end on a different color and then quickly realize that you have no idea which slide is which if you can't see the slides while they are in the volcano...that would mess with people's minds on another level :saywhat:

Reactions: anihilnation
They will have to have a superior lift system to get all those people up to the volcano if they have that much capacity up there?

Either really wide stairs or maybe conveyors and lifts?

Status
Not open for further replies.