Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 410 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are a couple of key things that would make an enclosed mountain operationally a lot more water going EVERYWHERE. This isn't like Splash Mountain, where inside the mountain water is mostly carefully contained into troughs (lest they damage Audio-Animatronics and the like). Krakatau will have waterfalls and wet people all over the place, which I imagine would escalate the maintenance required in a large enclosed space. Second, there will constantly be people in this thing, as opposed to the Disney mountains where they are mostly just passing through quick in the span of a couple minutes. For Florida, that means you have to have climate control, which again would a

I can't imagine the level of apoplexy you guys would have had had Universal built something like this.

maxresdefault.jpg
While the colors are awful, I would've loved this. This park has like 40 slides...Volcano Bay will have about half that. More rides=more capacity=less lines.
There are some weird yet cool design choices for Yas Waterworld...one similarity between it and Volcano Bay is the fact that they both have a 'mountainous structure with one side showcasing a wave pool and a Typhoon Lagoon-Esque view, and the other tons of slides.

Reactions: lillylyon123334
So they didn't even have a budget and this is what we get ..... well that's interesting ????? Seems like they hyper focused on certain things and completely ignored others...

I would out money on it that they analyzed every inch of this project and felt keeping it open was going to the most beneficial to what they wanted it to accomplish

Ah, ok. I'm still not sure virtual queuing, Tap Tu Pay, and interactivity is a gimmick. A gimmick by definition, has almost no intrinsic value or use. Tapu Tapu seems to be fairly useful inside the park.

If Tapu Tapu is a gimmick than um, what of Magic Bands? We can play this back and forth all day.

All I know is, I'm not going to be happy until they make a purple Tapu Tapu or a Minions Tapu Tapu and make me pay at least $12.95 for it, dammit. Don't they know how this is supposed to work...???

All I know is, I'm not going to be happy until they make a purple Tapu Tapu or a Minions Tapu Tapu and make me pay at least $12.95 for it, dammit. Don't they know how this is supposed to work...???
Given that Wet 'N Wild admission was around $48, and Volcano Bay is $67, think of it as paying an extra $6 for the park and $12.95 for Tapu Tapu.

While the colors are awful, I would've loved this. This park has like 40 slides...Volcano Bay will have about half that. More rides=more capacity=less lines.

Yeah no. It has two mammoths, the mat racers, a complex of tube slides (6 of them), two drop slides and one trap door looping slide. If you want to count every slide individually then Yas has 17. VB has 17. Granted Yas also has the Vekoma, and I'm not saying it's not a good water park, but yeah.

It seems weird that this park will be open in 11 days. I'm sure it'll be fine no matter what but they are coming down to the wire.

I really don't understand any complaints about capacity. The slides at the south end are using 6 person tubes, the slides at the north end are using 5 person tubes, and the aqua coaster has 4 person rafts. Having that many slides with that that large of rafts is basically unheard of for a waterpark.

Reactions: ChristopherSE
As excited as I'll be to see people's reviews/photos on here soon, I'm actually pretty sad that all of the VB speculation and construction photo updates will be gone in 11 days, as is the way of these things! Just F&F to follow for now really, but as most of that will be internal work, it'll be slim pickings unless we count HHN speculation (which I appreciate doesn't appeal to everyone).

OPEN CALL TO UNIVERSAL: BUILD SOME MORE PRETTY STUFF FOR US SOON, PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

I really don't understand any complaints about capacity. The slides at the south end are using 6 person tubes, the slides at the north end are using 5 person tubes, and the aqua coaster has 4 person rafts. Having that many slides with that that large of rafts is basically unheard of for a waterpark.

When it comes to water slides, the amount of people a tube can fit isn't very useful. While I'm not one to care about getting grouped with strangers for the large circular raft rides when I'm alone, my wife doesn't really like being grouped with strangers on multi-person raft/tube slides, and I've found most water parks will ask, but don't force it. My guess is the majority of those 5 and 6 person tubes will be going out with at least one spot empty 99% of the time unless they're force grouping. And even I really don't like being grouped with strangers on a tandem seat raft slide, so while 4 person families are the "normal" group size, I'm willing to bet the water coaster rafts will have an empty seat or two more often than not.

I don't have any complaints about VB's capacity, as it looks like it should be at least slightly better than average for a water park, but the size of the tubes probably won't have the impact on capacity you're thinking.

Wet N Wild had 4 slides with capacity like those. Noah's Ark has 7, Water World has I think 5 or 6 so yeah it's good capacity for multi passenger rides.

As excited as I'll be to see people's reviews/photos on here soon, I'm actually pretty sad that all of the VB speculation and construction photo updates will be gone in 11 days, as is the way of these things! Just F&F to follow for now really, but as most of that will be internal work, it'll be slim pickings unless we count HHN speculation (which I appreciate doesn't appeal to everyone).

OPEN CALL TO UNIVERSAL: BUILD SOME MORE PRETTY STUFF FOR US SOON, PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

The unique thing about VB is that the majority is outside. We'll see very little for F&F once the exterior is complete which will be soon.

The next big thing will be the land clearing for Nintendo.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Status
Not open for further replies.