Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 447 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line is that Universal is taking what they call their "third gate" and limiting entry to really one point of access, while the other two gates have three. That's what makes Universal Orlando great... proximity. I can walk, boat, or bus into the parks, that's my choice - and a huge reason as to why people choose to stay on site. Paying for convenience is a priority for consumers in 2017, any validated study will show you that. Volcano Bay doesn't offer the same, which should have been a fundamental principle of designing these expansion plots. Clearly, they think otherwise.

It's probably easier and quicker for me to stay at Sapphire Falls and Uber ($15 private ride for a family of four) to Typhoon, Aquatica, or Blizzard than it is to make the trek to Volcano Bay. That's the core issue here.
Good points. Here's hoping Aventura has access to Volcano Bay via walking alongside the bus route.

Ease of access is what makes Universal great for day guests as well.

Ok smart one where in the bus loop do they park all spaces are currently taken up.
They have to foresight to build one more space. Just one. And make it have it's own dedicated security check-point right there. And not even the big VB/CB busses- but the same half-sized resort busses they currently have.
Would that not work?

What you guys fail to realize is that you can't make roads go through buildings and there is only 1 bus loop at city walk which is already beyond full with taxis and all the other busses going to other destinations. This is the best they could do right now and if people are so worried about time they could rent a car and drive to south parking garage

There's no need to build any new roads through any buildings and no need to add any busses to the already crowded loop at CityWalk. I just posted a map a few pages ago illustrating how the transportation to and from the resorts was at one time planned to work. Wether or not things have changed is still to be determined, but my money is still on the UO Twitter reply being incorrect.

Reactions: Joel
They have to foresight to build one more space. Just one. And make it have it's own dedicated security check-point right there.
Would that not work?

I don't think you have ever been to the bus loop it is literally only 30 feet wide, they nearly have enough room to put a line in for cabana Bay bus it would be impossible to fit Volcano Bay in there unless they rip up the whole bus area and the connectors to the garages which they can't do.

There's no need to build any new roads through any buildings and no need to add any busses to the already crowded loop at CityWalk. I just posted a map a few pages ago illustrating how the transportation to and from the resorts was at one time planned to work. Wether or not things have changed it still to be determined, but my money is still on the UO Twitter reply being incorrect.

You info is incorrect the bus would be going down the wrong way on a one way street. As they have it set up now that ruote is impossible.

I don't think you have ever been to the bus loop it is literally only 30 feet wide, they nearly have enough room to put a line in for cabana Bay bus it would be impossible to fit Volcano Bay in there unless they rip up the whole bus area and the connectors to the garages which they can't do.
Sorry- we have a little miscommunication. I thought you meant the Bus loop at VB- not at CW. I agree- City Walk would be awful. The resort bus should never have to go through city-walk- just use one of the other roads that connect to the loop to VB.

You info is incorrect the bus would be going down the wrong way on a one way street. As they have it set up now that ruote is impossible.
Good information- but is there not a single access point for a resort bus to come into it- had they designed it that way?

I wish *some* people on this site would stop misconstruing real, valid posts as being negative. It's getting really old. People have honest concerns about the way the park is handling ops, and being less than 72 hours til go-time their posts on this forum are relevant. It's discussions like this that gain you viewership and interest, not 20 pages of mindless applause from Universal fanbois.

Thanks for the insight @Fallout4life, I had no idea that was a 1-way road. Wonder why it was designed that way?

Reactions: Latveria
According to UO's Twitter, you will have to take a bus (or water taxi) to the transportation hub in CityWalk, and then hop on the shuttle if you want to get to Volcano Bay from any resort hotel except Cabana Bay. Sucks that there isn't direct transportation, but I can see why.

Well that's a big ol' case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. There will be two direct bus routes from the on-site resorts, one that services Sapphire Falls and Royal Pacific, and the other servicing Hard Rock and Portofino Bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.