Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 451 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What baffles me is that this is a new park opening but instead of feeling excited, many seem to be more worried. The marketing hasn't been extensive, compared to Avatarland or even Harry Potter, which are lands. It seems like the Jimmy Fallon ride was more hyped.

They should have had Jimmy come down now (instead of when he did) and cover Volcano Bay and his ride.

Seen more VB ads here. I have started to see an uptick in Pandora, but VB/UOR are still leading with more commercials on TV in my area.

Mike you and several others are spreading FUD. Dirty water, attractions not being open, somehow insinuating the drop slides aren't done because you saw concrete drainage pieces, others complaining about bussing, and more.

I honesty have no idea why you come to these forums.

As you can see in all the videos unless they put up a ton of barriers which almost equal a mile long on either side of the stairs in 2 days the drop slides won't be ready. And it's suppose to thunder out over half that time so most likely the drop slides won't be ready.

The parks close so early due to the huge amount of $$$ Universal makes from hiring them out in the evening. My hope for the new land/parks is that they are able to balance this out better so that nighttime shows become a larger part of their repertoire for their guests, but being honest, I'm not really hopeful. It's something their main competitor doesn't offer to the same level (full park access most evenings) and so is a huge part of their financials.
Bingo!!!!!

Reactions: amityboattours
Idk how to say this, but is one of the sets of stairs leading up to the drop slides for the serpentine slides, and the other for the straight down one? If not, do you think they could use one of the sets of stairs for both and finish the other one later?

is Universal planning on more hotels other than whats been announced? They re gonna need them. This looks so well done plus a new park in say 5-7 years gonna need 3 more hotels or so

Very poorly thought out. Why, exactly, can they not run a bus loop to the other 4? They have the shuttle that takes you to and from the parks in case of inclement weather, etc. How would this be different? Get 2-3 more of those things up and running and do pickups every 10-15 mins.
A little confused here why they're making it inconvenient for the on-site deluxes. Boat to Bus is not a short distance or convenient by any means (lots of stairs and/or ramps). Guess all we can do is respond to surveys on this one :)
All resorts except CBBR have dedicated shuttles to VB.

Status
Not open for further replies.