Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty, Universal could have a few built during the overnight hours. It might not help the opening week, but it would keep from compounding the problem as June rolls into July.

How are the buses? Did anyone review those on the way back from Volcano Bay? Plastic seats? Anything to keep it from not getting wet?

That 42" height requirement is key though. This park certainly needed that. The mammoth is typically 48"- so if the expansion has that and some other 42" slides then it's all good. I'd rather the 42" that my whole family can ride together vs another 48 incher where my little one is left on the sideline yet again.

Does the food not set it apart? Nothing touches it.

Nothing touches it? It's island food. You can easily just go to Margaritaville in CityWalk to get jerk foods, tacos, shrimp and conch fritters.

I have a feeling this is just the start of it.

Shocked. Just shocked you feel this way.

How are the buses? Did anyone review those on the way back from Volcano Bay? Plastic seats? Anything to keep it from not getting wet?

Nothing touches it? It's island food. You can easily just go to Margaritaville in CityWalk to get jerk foods, tacos, shrimp and conch fritters.

I mean, you can go to Whopper Bar for a burger or Cowfish. Sooooooo

I suppose you could leave VB, turn in your Tapu Tapu, walk under I-4, wait for a bus, be on the first floor of the garage, go through CityWalk bag check, and wait for a table at Buffet's to get your taste of island food, but it's definitely not an "easily" type deal here. Oh, and do all that to get back into the park.

I for one am glad that I'm stranded on Volcano Bay and I have more than chicken fingers and corndogs to eat.

I'm still angry the Whopper Bar is just a BK and not any kind of bar - burger or otherwise.

I would have loved to buy the cute girl on the other side of the bar a Fiery Whopper.

None of which are at water parks.
Sorry... are we comparing VB to food at other well themed water parks, or are we comparing VB to all dining venues in Orlando?
So yes... no competing water park touches VBs cuisine. Unless you care to argue that.

I suppose you could leave VB, turn in your Tapu Tapu, walk under I-4, wait for a bus, be on the first floor of the garage, go through CityWalk bag check, and wait for a table at Buffet's to get your taste of island food, but it's definitely not an "easily" type deal here. Oh, and do all that to get back into the park.

Or a lot of people don't eat a big meal until the parks close. The head out to City Walk and get food there on the way out.

The food looks great, but the point I was making wasn't about people literally going to Margaritaville when they wanted lunch. It was that it isn't groundbreaking food you can't get anywhere close by. You can get it, to say "nothing touches it" is a bit much.

Oh boy...

I honestly think it is a terrible idea to allow people to book a cabana in advance. It should be daily, first come first serve. It's almost as annoying as booking a stupid fast pass at Disney for Seven Dwarfs or Frozen...if you don't have a hotel reservation and you book 6 months in advance, you're flat out of luck trying to get a fast pass.
You know they'll sell every day...me being a local never books things that far in advance. Everything is more week to week...so I'd probably never be able to get a cabana.

I honestly think it is a terrible idea to allow people to book a cabana in advance. It should be daily, first come first serve. It's almost as annoying as booking a stupid fast pass at Disney for Seven Dwarfs or Frozen...if you don't have a hotel reservation and you book 6 months in advance, you're flat out of luck trying to get a fast pass.
You know they'll sell every day...me being a local never books things that far in advance. Everything is more week to week...so I'd probably never be able to get a cabana.

But the other people are promising to show up 6 months in advance.

Epcot allowed same day booking of dining via their touch screen guest relations system at the exit of spaceship earth. Every day within an hour France and Italy sold out. People hated it. "If you don't ride spaceship earth at 9am you can't eat in France! It's not fair I get to the parks at noon!"

No matter when they move it people will sign up early.

Or a lot of people don't eat a big meal until the parks close. The head out to City Walk and get food there on the way out.

The food looks great, but the point I was making wasn't about people literally going to Margaritaville when they wanted lunch. It was that it isn't groundbreaking food you can't get anywhere close by. You can get it, to say "nothing touches it" is a bit much.

At a water park.
Why keep trying to argue apples and oranges. Let me be real clear for the third time:
-No Water Park Has Near The Selection Of Food That Volcano Bay Has. OK? OK.
But please, keep arguing and never mention the food at another water park :rolleyes:

The critics have spoken.

Status
Not open for further replies.