Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should get a pretty good cross section of opinions tomorrow when the general public is there. Maybe the same as the media today, or maybe different. Anyway , it should be interesting. These big time new attractions from Universal & Disney make for fun & interesting days on the Forums. Good conversations for sure.

Robert Niles just gave a nice review of VB on Theme Park Insider. And he summed up the water/theme park controversy nicely, "Is the third gate at the Universal Orlando Resort a theme park, or a water theme park? Or, as Universal's taken to calling it recently, is it a hybrid- a water theme park? Who cares? All I know is that it's a lot of fun. And that's coming from someone who's never really enjoyed water parks before"...:thumbsup: :)

I've been to a lot of waterparks, a lot of water parks. I will not call anything a Water Theme Park but you do have Themed Water Parks.

Top Three in the States are Volcano Bay, Typhoon Lagoon, and Blizzard Beach.

Typhoon loses stature with me because they ditch the Sharks.

and there's Yaz and Wadi in the UAE plus the Atlantis parks that are highly themed.

This beautiful mess is all ProSlide as well with a Vekoma water bombing coaster to boot.
yas.jpg

Sad that this one is going bye bye hope the new version is just improves on what many consider fantastic
aerial-view-of-wild-wadi-water-park.jpg

We'll see what the new Wild Wadi turns out, Cough, Cough, is that Orcas performing?

Last edited:
The media day is over.

This rumor started six years ago under the name WonderSea Island. Tomorrow Volcano Bay will open.

I am now locking the Volcano Bay construction thread. It's been a blast to follow this project along.

Please use the other threads to continue discussions or create new ones for topics not yet covered.

Now that this thread is reopened, does anyone have an update on the anticipated wooden cladding of the steel on the rear of the volcano? Since they still have construction markers on there, I'm assuming they won't be leaving it much longer but I haven't seen any changes to those stairs since opening.

I'm surprised that this thread re-opened.

Is it because of the expansion, which will begin soon? I would've assumed we would've had a different thread for that entirely altogether.

I'm surprised that this thread re-opened.

Is it because of the expansion, which will begin soon? I would've assumed we would've had a different thread for that entirely altogether.
Maybe you or others have heard otherwise, but I would be shocked if any expansion would be beginning soon. It seems like there's too much to do for the current park to fit in expansion prep right now.

Now that this thread is reopened, does anyone have an update on the anticipated wooden cladding of the steel on the rear of the volcano? Since they still have construction markers on there, I'm assuming they won't be leaving it much longer but I haven't seen any changes to those stairs since opening.

Here is your update, Bioreconstruct got a shot a few hours back (3rd photo):

Maybe you or others have heard otherwise, but I would be shocked if any expansion would be beginning soon. It seems like there's too much to do for the current park to fit in expansion prep right now.

Well, the guys who dig foundations for a living aren't running around fixing Tapu locations and painting. Completely different crews, so the two could go on the same time without hindering the other.

That being said though, the crews they will use are probably on the Aventura site, so they may wait till that's moved on to the next phase before starting. Also, the expansion plot will have the be cleaned up of all the VS stuff and construction trailers will have to be relocated before they can start anything serious there. None of that is likely to happen before they knock out most of the finishing touches at VB.

Status
Not open for further replies.