Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 110 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Waturi people and the IKEA people are not that dissimilar. The Waturi are just more colorful.

4670872_orig.jpg

images

Man, this takes me back.

The gods have awoken.

Vol looked very cool in Tim Tracker's most recent video with water elements and looks like Mystic fountain. Also there seems to be a person actually talking. Wish there were more water effects though. Also dissapointed by departure of frog lamps, I'm thinking they'll be back but more sturdy

Just saw that Tim voted Volcano Bay the best overall water park in Orlando after visiting all 4 last week. Someone gets it. :lol:

Does anyone know how waits were this weekend?

Just saw that Tim voted Volcano Bay the best overall water park in Orlando after visiting all 4 last week. Someone gets it. :lol:

I think it depends on the type of visitor you are.

Locals with AP passes who have the luxury of free parking, going in at 9 and riding what they want quickly and go home by noon or wait until it storms and goes in after 5 are not the people on Tripadvisor. Those are the tourists who are coming to stay at & visit parks expecting a different type of day. The people on vacation are different than locals and have different expectations of how to do a park day.

Reactions: alomar and MattA
I think it depends on the type of visitor you are.

Locals with AP passes who have the luxury of free parking, going in at 9 and riding what they want quickly and go home by noon or wait until it storms and goes in after 5 are not the people on Tripadvisor. Those are the tourists who are coming to stay at & visit parks expecting a different type of day. The people on vacation are different than locals and have different expectations of how to do a park day.

This is my biggest take away on the water parks, is the the people who visit. Many on this forum, and others like Tim want a thrilling water park with exciting slides. Volcano Bay is exactly that. The other parks, appear to offer a thrill or two, and other than that is some simple slides and lazy rivers. Not one person can claim Volcano Bay as the best. If a person wants to chill in a slow wandering lazy river, and some simple slides that are not thrilling.....its the wrong park. "Best" of anything is always subjective, I believe some people forget that. Just because someone does not like one park the best over another, does not make them wrong. It is just what fits that person. After watching Timtrackers vids of the parks, depending on my mood I can see Volcano Bay and Blizzard Beach being the "best" to me. But I would not label on as king of them all.

I was talking to a gentleman from Ireland. We commented on how wonderful of a day it was. We got to talking and he was like 'wow, this oasis in the middle of the city for $65 a day'....and then I saw he had like 6 kids in the family, he seemed happy.

Everyone I ever see on the fearless river is having a blast.

I did see one family that was like...we came from another country...traveled so long...Kong was down...a whole list of rides at both parks...and then VB had no cabanas to rent, no reserved seating...

I will say, I am seeing more International visitors at UoR my last few visits, I am not sure if I am visiting at different times than I had in the past though, but I really am running into a lot of visitors from other countries these days when I visit.

Does anyone know how waits were this weekend?

@Frank Drackman covered it well, but I also wanted to add that Ko'okiri was a 135 minute wait after the weather was clearing up yesterday and they were re-opening the rides.

The park was at Phase 3 capacity (no guests) yesterday morning, and then around 1:45, it was at Phase 2 (resort guests only).

@Frank Drackman covered it well, but I also wanted to add that Ko'okiri was a 135 minute wait after the weather was clearing up yesterday and they were re-opening the rides.

The park was at Phase 3 capacity (no guests) yesterday morning, and then around 1:45, it was at Phase 2 (resort guests only).

I did want to mention that folks without early entry were still allowed past the turn styles, they just had to queue up inside the park and wait until early entry was over, but if someone were patient or maybe if you decided to have breakfast at the park....one could get through the turnstiles before 9:10 if you fear it may reach capacity at opening....I do not know what time that was on FRI, but I certainly noticed that no one seemed to be coming into the park fairly early in the AM.

(edited for I put SAT, but I was there on FRI)

Last edited:
Reactions: Journey_On
Proslide is not allowed to discuss or even mention their involvement with Volcano Bay. Looks like Universal Creative wrote up quite the NDA with their suppliers!

Lucky for proslide- hah. Considering their pretty large F-ups on the two serpentine drop slides and honu, as well as several of the conveyors eating rafts, I wouldn't want to put my name on it either for a while...

Reactions: Joel
Lucky for proslide- hah. Considering their pretty large F-ups on the two serpentine drop slides and honu, as well as several of the conveyors eating rafts, I wouldn't want to put my name on it either for a while...

Interesting you mention this. Maku Puihi recently got new tubes, and the tubes don't have any manufacturer names on them (at WnW, the tubes at Brain Wash and Disco had the Proslide logo on them).

Current waits:

Comment from VP of PR to journalist who was at VB.

A theme park with no lines? Testing the technology at Universal Orlando's Volcano Bay water park (photos) | cleveland.com

Tom Schroder, vice president of public relations for Universal Orlando Resort, said park officials are listening to guests - and making improvements in the park experience every day.

"It's a brand new theme park," he said. "You can practice and you can plan - but it's a learning experience from day one. You work and work and work until you get it perfect."

Reactions: Joel and Andysol
There is one tower at the park that has four tube slides. It was ride now every time I went by on FRI. It really is set up well. You have four slides to chose from when you get to the top. They are able to stage two rafts in the water entering the slide so that a tube is always ready to go when the sensors say to release the next tube. So, to me, one should be able to do a minimum of four slides at some point 'in between' waiting in another queue.

I have been told that the darker colored slides are the more intense ones.

Looks like progress is being made slowly but surely. How many times have you been now @Brian G. ?

This video was great, nice easy watch. I am liking the updates people ares still providing and pleased to see UNI are still working things out. After everything I have seen so far from construction to opening to today I still wouldn't make a trip to VB yet even if I lived in the US. There is plenty more to be done, but also plenty of potential in certain areas as has been discussed. Will be interesting to see how this park progresses with updates for the foreseeable future and really can't wait to see the foliage fill out.

A few other bioreconstruct updates here too:

I hope they change this in the future, obviously if people were slipping then picking something that was fast to apply was the utmost priority however long term I hope they go with something that suites the wooden planks of the bridge.

Last edited: