Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 119 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok, editing this post as the sides of the steps appear to be done despite the poor quality of both photo below and the screenshot from a video in the last 24 hours, but the rest of the platforms are all bare Steel judging.

Untitled.png

EDIT: Hmmm... that photo looks older to me since the support poles for the lights aren't painted in it and they were painted a while ago.

Thought it was interesting that Aquatica hit capacity over the weekend too. They must be getting some nice overflow from guests shut out of VB, unless this is normal for them in the Summer.

Hi Guys
New on here today although followed for ages now, thought I'd join in with the fun!

Anyone heard what the expansion at VB will be?

Welcome to posting!

My guys is @tebin gave hints back when this thread had a different name (I assume it was merged into this one).

My guess is that he saw the whole park...time restraints split it into two phases would be my guess....

Reactions: Mad Dog

Hours changed again...

They keep opening earlier, but closing earlier. I wonder if this has more to do with the crowds than the "show".

September changed too for the days I'm there. Sept 7-10th all went from 10am openings to 9am openings. Closures remained the same, so park hours actually expanded an hour. Although now EPA will be 8am... doh! :D
I'm hoping the September schedule changes a little more and actually stays open later- because I'd like to see the park at night when I'm there- but doubtful

Last edited:
Thought it was interesting that Aquatica hit capacity over the weekend too. They must be getting some nice overflow from guests shut out of VB, unless this is normal for them in the Summer.

Aquatica shuts down quite frequently on weekends when we people believe the parks will be too busy.

Makes sense. Water Parks are primarily an early day activity, not a late evening phenom, even when they are officially called Water Theme Parks. :)

I saw it coming, tourists are used to exiting water parks early to later enjoy a nice dinner or go out to town. I think Universal may want to create a special "After Dark" event so that they could at least use the park's night features.

I saw it coming, tourists are used to exiting water parks early to later enjoy a nice dinner or go out to town. I think Universal may want to create a special "After Dark" event so that they could at least use the park's night features.
Yes, I agree. I wrote the same back when it opened. Even the Resort Hotel pools are usually sparsely attended in the evenings.

Reactions: Joel
If Universal could move the luau from Royal Pacific to VB, that would be a money maker.
If it's the same price- I don't know how, really. Unless it can hold a ton more people and there's a demand.

Personally, even if I wanted to do the luau (I think luaus are spare in Hawaii. So I'll def hate them in Orlando)- I wouldn't do it in my swim suit- nor would most others. Their nighttime activities are going to have to be something involving swim suits.
What that is, I don't know.

Ok, this might be slightly off topic, but with Volcano Bay now open, will disney's waterparks, aquatica, and adventure island try to counter with their own expansions? Adventure Island is already rumored to be getting a expansion in 2018

Ok, this might be slightly off topic, but with Volcano Bay now open, will disney's waterparks, aquatica, and adventure island try to counter with their own expansions? Adventure Island is already rumored to be getting a expansion in 2018
Dis already did with "Miss Adventure Falls" at Typhoon Lagoon. I don't know if Blizzard Beach has ever reopened it's slide. Last I heard it was closed for an extended refurb going on 6 months now.

Last edited:
We are staying in a VB Tower view suite in September and were hoping to see the Krakatau erupt from our room. Does this happen periodically, or only once a night?

Also, does the volcano do anything after the park is closed? I see the park closes at 6pm when we will be in town, but we won't be back in our room until around 10pm at the earliest. Do they keep it lit up all night?

Reactions: Ashhanbre