Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 124 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A little off topic, but what's your ideal water park?

When I saw the original lazy river layout and map for VB- I thought we might get a river where you ride your tube up belts and then slide down and never leave the river.

Example- you're floating in the river- it forks- to the left is a conveyer to a slide, and you get in line behind other people on tubes- to the right you continue on the river. If you go the conveyer route, it takes you up, then you slide down back into the lazy river.
Now that would've been cool for some "anytime slides".

Anyone else looking forward to August 1st so OrlanDave and Tim can do some updates?

Reactions: Porkchop
Sorry, just catching up to this thread. Those menu changes are awful. It's amazing going from all those great sounding gourmet burgers to "bacon cheeseburger".

It's like a gastropub deciding they will just start reselling McDonalds cheeseburgers.

The tacos were a huge part of their food marketing campaign,I can't believe they droppped those too.

I really think UOR made huge mistakes with opening this park with Tapu Tapu.

Which is what I blame for all the parks troubles, including the long lines for food.

I know people still think that they will "work the bugs out" , but apparently one of the bugs was offering a decent meal.

If a 4th park does open, id be willing to bet Tapu Tapu will not be used. At least not for everything.

Sorry, just catching up to this thread. Those menu changes are awful. It's amazing going from all those great sounding gourmet burgers to "bacon cheeseburger".

It's like a gastropub deciding they will just start reselling McDonalds cheeseburgers.

The tacos were a huge part of their food marketing campaign,I can't believe they droppped those too.

I really think UOR made huge mistakes with opening this park with Tapu Tapu.

Which is what I blame for all the parks troubles, including the long lines for food.

I know people still think that they will "work the bugs out" , but apparently one of the bugs was offering a decent meal.

If a 4th park does open, id be willing to bet Tapu Tapu will not be used. At least not for everything.
I'm afraid the proudly self acclaimed "picky eater" with the tast depth of a kids school cafeteria has spoken and presents the majority. It forces Universal to make changes if they want to sell the food.
It's exactly how it went with Epcot. World showcase had some amazing food to offer when it opened that was authentic (as can be due to ingredients). So many years later it still has the fancy names and prices but the food is Americanized beyond recognition and is crap. And what the Frak do Stroopwafels do in Germany?!

Reactions: Andysol
Varied tube slides (as in, you're in a tube) with multiple paths and route and such, through mostly natural looking landscape or highly themed areas (no blatant plastic slides).

So, lots of this (multi-routes, at end of each bit you choose from 2-3 options for next segment)..

But a little more of this aesthetic for the "natural" flumes:

But with Atlantis or higher level theming and stuff to explore.

But I'd like some of this too..

This was more or less what I was expecting when Universal announced a "water theme park"

Here's a dumb question: I know you can't ENTER from CBBR without being a resort guest, but can you EXIT without one? I want to leave through CBBR and cross the road to Sapphire Falls, and take the boat to Citywalk. Will they stop me?

Here's a dumb question: I know you can't ENTER from CBBR without being a resort guest, but can you EXIT without one? I want to leave through CBBR and cross the road to Sapphire Falls, and take the boat to Citywalk. Will they stop me?

I'm not sure about getting from VB to CBBR, but the bridge that has keycard access across the street doesn't have keycard going from CBBR to Sapphire, just Sapphire to CBBR.

Has anyone got a cabana here? We tried to get one for September and have been told multiple things.

One that they're available soon

Or

You reserve them the day of.

Which one is it? Def feel it's worth the price

Has anyone got a cabana here? We tried to get one for September and have been told multiple things.

One that they're available soon

Or

You reserve them the day of.

Which one is it? Def feel it's worth the price
Right now it is day of. But after they finish all the cabanas, online ressies will come back.

Reactions: Porkchop
Right now it is day of. But after they finish all the cabanas, online ressies will come back.
Thanks

I am going late September. Should I just be on the lookout for online to come back live? Or do we know if the timeline for them being complete is after September

Also can you call VB and reserve the day of or from sapphire concierge? Or do you have to make it at the guest service front gate?

......because at the point of development they didn't own that land. And Wet n Wild was not meeting profit expectations due to its location.
Oh. I just assumed they had owned that land for a couple years now, and that is why they didn't want the skyplex to be built. But, correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't they planning on building another water park on that land?

Sorry, I meant the land near the convention center

The land near the OCCC wasn't fully purchased for Universal until early last year, which was about a few months after Volcano Bay went to work.

In a way, the water park has been in development for a good few years, and didn't just begin development when the park was announced in 2015, (remember Wondersea folks?)

The land purchased last year will be developed for a larger purpose, and that Volcano Bay has just begun it's lifeshelf. It's not going to be perfect at the beginning, and no park will be, but that it will improve and get better.

The changes were because of a combination of issues. Not selling, bad reviews, and prep time all played a part.

The current menus are temporary. And "specialty" items will be making their way back on to the menus.

Glad to hear that it's temp, and that the park just opened so that the adjustment period will be there.

What I am curious, is what the park will look like when EVERYTHING is done.