Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 176 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is it a bad idea to still be holding out hope for a nighttime show in VB sometime soon?
As long as you recognize that it is in fact a personal hope and not something that is necessarily likely to happen. At least as of now.

Just don’t want anyone getting their hopes up too high. Gotta be realistic.

With how late the sun stays out in the Summer and how cold it was this winter for example, there’s just no room for a show. Even if VB stays open until 9 or 10 most of the summer, there’s very few hours of darkness to run a show and by then most have left the park. Water Parks are tiring.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Just booked my hotel at Universal for next month. I was debating on hitting Volcano Bay up, is it still too packed and is it worth it to hit up? Asking before I buy my park tickets, to see which type of ticket I get, thanks.

Reactions: BBL
Just booked my hotel at Universal for next month. I was debating on hitting Volcano Bay up, is it still too packed and is it worth it to hit up? Asking before I buy my park tickets, to see which type of ticket I get, thanks.

I’m going to Universal in July and would like to know this as well. Also, does anyone happen to know if you’re allowed to wear a waterproof lanyard around your neck to hold your cell phone while on the rides?

I think it's way worth it - best water park in Orlando and yes during peak tourist times it's very packed still. During spring break it had days that reached capacity.

The ride ops up top of Maku Puihi flat out told me that expansion was starting soon back there. That'll be a prime spot to watch it go up.

That photo with Maku there for scale shows they have a pretty good area to really add some capacity. I expect at leaSt three major slides with one or two having coaster aspects, not just a Mammoth abut a mammoth with offspring.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic-Man
Just left Volcano Bay and I thought it was awesome. The weather was awesome today and I had a lot of fun. I haven’t been to a water park in so long. The Fearless River is so much fun.

Glad you had a good time! Volcano Bay was a ton of fun IMO. Some of the craziest slides I've ever been on, and yea, the Fearless River rocks