Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Someone stated a few weeks ago that those mini volcano tubes near the base might be planters and I somewhat scoffed. Weeell, I think they are planters for hangy plants around a waterfall that has yet to be turned on. The waterfall would be falling into that mini lagoon to the right of the drop tube next to the wave pool. You can see the plants and waterfall in the following concept art. It is the far right base of the volcano.

4N0nIkI.jpg

So, yeah... this park has so much more to come. It's not gonna be half baked forever.

Has anyone figured out what heavy construction they're doing to cause the near constant beeping in nearly every video out of the park since it opened?

Or did someone just leave a truck struck in reverse parked under the Volcano?

Reactions: Andysol and Joel
Has anyone figured out what heavy construction they're doing to cause the near constant beeping in nearly every video out of the park since it opened?

Or did someone just leave a truck struck in reverse parked under the Volcano?
Probably planting trees and bamboo and moving mulch and sand

It wouldn't even have to "heavy construction" since any of the hundreds of vehicles used around Universal have back up warnings. Even the delivery vehicles brings supplies to the restaurants and shops.

Someone stated a few weeks ago that those mini volcano tubes near the base might be planters and I somewhat scoffed. Weeell, I think they are planters for hangy plants around a waterfall that has yet to be turned on. The waterfall would be falling into that mini lagoon to the right of the drop tube next to the wave pool. You can see the plants and waterfall in the following concept art. It is the far right base of the volcano.

4N0nIkI.jpg

So, yeah... this park has so much more to come. It's not gonna be half baked forever.

As long as they get their poo together by March 2018.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Do you think there is any chance they might completely take tapu tapu offline for a while until they get things better figured out? I'm just wondering regarding the bad press/wom and amount of refunds they are apparently giving.

Since the park isn't designed for having that many people physically in line for the rides, I don't think it would even be possible to shut it off.

Is there anybody who has been on Ihu's Breakaway Falls at Aquatica that can compare those body slides to the Volcano slides described above? I assume the VB sisters are even more intense given that they're 45 ft taller.

Not interested in the free fall slide, specifically the twisters.

Great review. Hope those wait times stay like that. I have a quick question, how deep is the fearless river? Should someone who can NOT swim even try to get in it?

I wouldn't recommend it, because even if the water is only 4 ft deep it's still going to sweep you away with its stronger current. Life jacket or not, that's not an attraction I'd want to take part in if I'm not a good swimmer. Stick to the calmer river, which has much better scenery, and plant you butt in a floating tube.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ashhanbre
I just finished watching the newest TimTracker video and it seems like there are a lot more newer effects working. Waterfalls turned on, mist working, the pathway under thr volcano, etc...progress is a beautiful thing.

Looks like the full volcano walk is open, but the side with what I assume is Vol is all tarped up.

Reactions: USO92
Seeeoo... where is this yappin tiki named Vol located?

On another note, I have been rewatching videos of the fearless river and see no reason they couldn't make the area under the slides a covered tunnel. It's just too much guts and service pipes right now. I wonder what it would take to engineer such an idea, even if they only did 60% of it?

Here is the area that the volcano tubes (planters) are and where the waterfall is supposed to be. I wonder what the safety lines are are for. What is there that they do not want people near?

MN5DN6l.jpg

Over a year ago, this area was in a concept video released by Uni. Members here thought they saw fish in the waterfall which was later concluded to be sun sparkles in the water.

(image grabbed from Tim Tracker's youtube video)

Last edited:
Reactions: Alicia and JoeCamel
Here is the area that the volcano tubes (planters) are and where the waterfall is supposed to be. I wonder what the safety lines are are for. What is there that they do not want people near?

MN5DN6l.jpg

Over a year ago, this area was in a concept video released by Uni. Members here thought they saw fish in the waterfall which was later concluded to be sun sparkles in the water.

The way Tim made it sound was that it was just to warn people that the pool gets deeper right there, not that they were trying to keep people out.

So knowing Volcano Bay has a really good backstory, is there anywhere you get any of that inside the park without reading up on it beforehand? Especially the part about swimming in tears, etc.

So knowing Volcano Bay has a really good backstory, is there anywhere you get any of that inside the park without reading up on it beforehand? Especially the part about swimming in tears, etc.
No, unless it is cleverly hidden. Lots of very cool things to see but not a whole lot of interaction with the environment besides the spraying totem on the bridge above the lazy river.

The way Tim made it sound was that it was just to warn people that the pool gets deeper right there, not that they were trying to keep people out.

Not only that, they are still working on the area. That is actually the planned entrance for the Ko'okiri Plunge, with some other "inside the Volcano" stuff. There is a barricade up on the sidewalk as well.