Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 87 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Epcot had previews for 6 days. The only parks I can think of that opened at 100% were Animal Kingdom and IOA. Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Studios, and USF all opened with rides malfunctioning, construction areas and lots of unexpected issues, even with previews.

More relevant, Aquatica's only issue opening day was lack of chairs--was corrected within days. (Crowds became an issue quickly on local roadways, but that wasn't the park itself.) Haven't been to the LegoLand water park, but online reviews were positive when it opened, no horror stories on Touring Plans.

I wasn't in Florida during opening of Typhoon or Blizzard, but I've never heard horror stories. Is there still an archive of Rec.Arts.Disney? Should have been online reactions to Blizzard opening at least.

But the fact you're grasping at straws going back generations for apples-to-oranges comparisons is what really makes me ask questions.

More relevant, Aquatica's only issue opening day was lack of chairs--was corrected within days. (Crowds became an issue quickly on local roadways, but that wasn't the park itself.) Haven't been to the LegoLand water park, but online reviews were positive when it opened, no horror stories on Touring Plans.

I wasn't in Florida during opening of Typhoon or Blizzard, but I've never heard horror stories. Is there still an archive of Rec.Arts.Disney? Should have been online reactions to Blizzard opening at least.

But the fact you're grasping at straws going back generations for apples-to-oranges comparisons is what really makes me ask questions.

Yeah, DAK had a lengthy preview period and CTX still had many issues.

FWIW, hearing the attendance at VB is much higher than at TL and BB this summer. It's possible that if UOR hired from WnW/TL/BB they still weren't expecting these crowds. Still doesn't excuse the current, preventable situation.

That was when it was announced to the public.

Internally within the corporate theme park world? There's absolutely no way UO didn't know Avatar's opening date before making their announcement just days prior. They probably knew the date a long time.

Heck, people here figured out Disney's date just based on them liking Memorial weekend. So UO knew when Pandora would open.

That's not the issue, the issue is putting out a date that they probably knew they couldn't make.

Universal were selling 3 day tickets starting June 1st well before the announcement so they always had this date in mind.

None of this really matters now. Universal was desperate to be competitive and it back fired badly. Hopefully lessons will have been learned and mistakes are being fixed.

Latest Blog on Touring Plans is slating the park too..
Daisy's (Not So) Best Week Ever, June 15, 2017: Volcano Bay - TouringPlans.com Blog | TouringPlans.com Blog

An interesting Cabana Experience, seems they are an addition not well thought out.

Even renaming the blog for effect - People read this stuff and take it seriously!

I'm not surprised. For every customer who bothers to complain, 26 other customers remain silent. Which is why I'm vocal about my issues because I'm actually doing Universal a favor by giving them the headsup. With that being said, imagine how many people are NEVER going to give this place or universal another chance. If I'm going to spend $425 on a cabana, I better have a server coming to my cabana every 20 minutes.

I'm not surprised. For every customer who bothers to complain, 26 other customers remain silent. Which is why I'm vocal about my issues because I'm actually doing Universal a favor by giving them the headsup. With that being said, imagine how many people are NEVER going to give this place or universal another chance. If I'm going to spend $425 on a cabana, I better have a server coming to my cabana every 20 minutes.

On the same hand, people are more likely to be vocal about a complaint than they are a compliment. Obviously here the complaints are valid but over time, these complaints will take a long time to disappear from review sites.

Reactions: Jon84
So in the end did Opening the same weekend as Pandora really have any positive effect? If anything it completely back fired. Disney has almost nothing but positive press. While UOR has tons of negative press. Disney won this round

- "Success is not a good teacher, failure makes you humble."

Although I won't say it's a failure, but you get the gist.

So in the end did Opening the same weekend as Pandora really have any positive effect? If anything it completely back fired. Disney has almost nothing but positive press. While UOR has tons of negative press. Disney won this round

I think they maybe got more exposure by having people show up who wouldn't have had but were only there for Avatar.

The problem is, it was bad exposure but I think the media probably had a better time than the public so who knows.

FYI If you have a ride time at Volcano Bay, you can still ride other slides as long as they are "Ride Now". YOU WILL NOT lose your wait spot

That's what i've been trying to say since my visit! :peace::peace:

I know the press is bad, but they also sold all these 3 park tickets and they got some passholders to upgrade to a three park pass and I bet their hotels/partners sold some summer packages and the mercy is so cool and the food is really good and we have more bars than we had a couple of months ago and we have more rooms than we had a couple of months ago.

I just see all of this as cash flow positive in a very short amount of time, but that's just me I reckon!

:love: