1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Volcano Bay: Photos & Reviews

Discussion in 'Volcano Bay Water Park' started by Joe, May 24, 2017.

1. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

I’ll be there Sunday night and Monday morning.

In regards to the slide lineup standing toe to toe with BB, I’d have to disagree. In terms of total number, VB has significantly more slides. It was likely because you didn’t get to ride everything.

I will say though, as great as VBs kid area is, BB is so unique that it might get the nod. BB also has the best lazy river of the 3.

OhHaiInternet95 likes this.
  2. JungleSkip

JungleSkip Premium Member

I can’t comment on the kids areas, but outside of the lazy river (both the Disney parks rivers blow VB’s out of the...water), VB is head and shoulders above BB and TL. I think all three are legitimately great, but for my money VB’s slide lineup is more exciting, creative, and varied than either of the Disney parks

Joe likes this.
  3. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

I think the Disney parks are more extensively themed than VB but VB is by far the better water park. Every ride in VB is excellent and credit to Universal, this is their first water park and I can't wait to see what they do with their next one.

Fallow and Journey_On like this.
  4. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

Apologies for the double post and I can't tell if this is new or not but Google Earth has updated it's 3D models.

[​IMG]

Fallow likes this.
  5. JungleSkip

JungleSkip Premium Member

The theming is probably better at both Disney parks, but I also think theming barely adds anything to either of them or water parks in general (outside the lazy rivers). Hell I’d argue it kind of holds them back a bit, especially since many of the slides are built into the mountains, and therefore aren’t changing ever.

A good portion of TL’s slides are flat-out lame, and yet they can’t be updated because they’re built into the rock work

truejonas, Fallow, OrlLover and 4 others like this.
  6. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

BB has the same issue, maybe even worse. The only way for them to expand is to build on a new plot.

There's been plenty of talk about the theme park wars with Potter and Star Wars but I'd love to see a water park war start.

JungleSkip likes this.
  7. Journey_On

Journey_On Rookie

Oh yes. How I judge whether or not it’s slow in the park? When Krakatau is a “Ride Now.” :)