Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Pricing, AP, & More

I think paying for parking is going to sour it a little but if you're able to get a full 12 hours in the park and if it's a family of 4, the parking becomes less of an issue.

For the park being open so late, the Express Pass is just an added bonus if needed.
I don't think it will.

Aquatica, Discovery Cove and Adventure Island (BGT's water park) all charge for parking. Most tourists won't even know that Disney doesn't charge for their water park lots anyway. Also a lot of the guests will be staying on-site.

But on site guests won't be paying separate for VB parking, and they're probably going to be the bulk of high spending per guest traffic.

I'm a tight Scot and this is how my mind works.

I think VB is going to have a drastic change to how people see and vacation at UOR.

I'm a tight Scot and this is how my mind works.

I think VB is going to have a drastic change to how people see and vacation at UOR.
Definitely. There is going to be so much more to do, especially if you're staying on site, and especially during HHN. I really didn't care that it's not going to be open when I go in May since I was trying to figure how to fit it in, since I'm doing 4 day trips up the road to Disney. In the future, my day trips to Disney may be eliminated entirely, or greatly curtailed at the very least.

Couldn't see this posted elsewhere. Sorry if it has been. That's quite big isn't it?

I've been checking the website for Portofino Bay hotel and it still shows this under "Benefits":

Perks And Privileges Of Staying At Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
Skip The Regular Theme Park Lines

When you stay at select Preferred and Premier on-site hotels, you’ll get a free* Universal Express Unlimited™ pass to skip the regular lines at participating rides and attractions in Universal Studios Florida™, Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ and Universal's Volcano Bay (opening early summer 2017). That’s a value of up to $89^ per person, per day. Valid theme park admission required.

Early Park Admission† To The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™
Enjoy Early Park Admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ and Universal’s Volcano Bay™ (opening early summer 2017) one hour before the theme park opens to the public when you stay at this on-site hotel. Valid theme park admission required.

I wonder if this content is going to be changed?

I've been checking the website for Portofino Bay hotel and it still shows this under "Benefits":

When you stay at select Preferred and Premier on-site hotels, you’ll get a free* Universal Express Unlimited™ pass to skip the regular lines at participating rides and attractions in Universal Studios Florida™, Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ and Universal's Volcano Bay (opening early summer 2017). That’s a value of up to $89^ per person, per day. Valid theme park admission required.

Enjoy Early Park Admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ and Universal’s Volcano Bay™ (opening early summer 2017) one hour before the theme park opens to the public when you stay at this on-site hotel. Valid theme park admission required.

I trust an on-the-record comment from Tom Schroder much more than I trust the website.

I trust an on-the-record comment from Tom Schroder much more than I trust the website.

I'd be interested how they handle it if you screenshot that and present it at the hotel or park. I'm betting they'd just go ahead and give you the Express pass than deal with the prospect of refunding hotel stays for non-delivery of promises. There are probably disclaimers somewhere, but if its on the site, it's going to be pretty hard to deny it.

I'd be interested how they handle it if you screenshot that and present it at the hotel or park. I'm betting they'd just go ahead and give you the Express pass than deal with the prospect of refunding hotel stays for non-delivery of promises. There are probably disclaimers somewhere, but if its on the site, it's going to be pretty hard to deny it.
Very true.

If you really get Express with the hotel, then no big deal, but otherwise they need to clear that up before the park opens.

Very true.

If you really get Express with the hotel, then no big deal, but otherwise they need to clear that up before the park opens.

My main concern is whether I can get confirmation from the hotel one way or the other, and so buy the VP express pass online (if I need to) before they sell out...as it looks like I'll have to go to VB on opening day itself and/or the following day - my husband won't extend our trip due to flight change fees etc!
Unless they do a special soft opening day just for AP holders in the days leading up to the grand opening....which would be my preferred option! I'm actively checking emails .....not quite with bated breath...but not far off...

Pretty sure my family's passes expired this month, I think I am still good for a renewal rate. I was starting to think I would go down to two power's and 1 preferred...we tend to stay on site since Cabana, so haven't even used the parking perk in a long time...early entry doesn't mean much if we stay on site...not sure we ever go during black out periods...heck, not sure we even need the one preferred (but we do use the discounts).

Use to get a real low rate, and then overspend anyway when we go for HHN, so I was really thinking of just letting the passes expire or downgrade...but now liking the 3 park pass...I mean, this park looks like it would be great pre HHN or as an evening activity after a quick AM in the parks, afternoon break

I could just by express for my daughter (I imagine) and then still tapa some family stuff as well in regular (virtual queue)...not sure what to do anymore :)

Haha, like I was saying earlier, I'm sure there's lots of people internally who don't have all the details straight yet.

Someone mind telling me what an Annual Pass sleeve is?

View attachment 3966

It's just like a little envelope to keep your AP in, nothing fancy.

Pretty sure my family's passes expired this month, I think I am still good for a renewal rate. I was starting to think I would go down to two power's and 1 preferred...we tend to stay on site since Cabana, so haven't even used the parking perk in a long time...early entry doesn't mean much if we stay on site...not sure we ever go during black out periods...heck, not sure we even need the one preferred (but we do use the discounts).

Use to get a real low rate, and then overspend anyway when we go for HHN, so I was really thinking of just letting the passes expire or downgrade...but now liking the 3 park pass...I mean, this park looks like it would be great pre HHN or as an evening activity after a quick AM in the parks, afternoon break

I could just by express for my daughter (I imagine) and then still tapa some family stuff as well in regular (virtual queue)...not sure what to do anymore :)
Might be better (cheaper) with 2 seasonal passes if the blackout dates work for you.

And have we mentioned these are the Express participating slides?

10 Participating Locations
  • Ko’okiri Body Plunge™
  • Kala & Tai Nui Serpentine Body Slides™
  • Honu ika Moana™
  • Taniwha Tubes
  • Maku Puihi Round Raft Rides™
  • Punga Racers™
  • Ohyah and Ohno Drop Slides™

Does anyone know what effect adding VB to a flex pay pass with a grandfathered rate has? As in would it just be $100 or would it bring the pass up to the current rate?

Probably after this you will have to go to guest services.

And correct, you will be able to upgrade your AP from guests services after the 30th. This is just like they did with plastic passes.

Of course! We were able to "upgrade" from the paper passes to plastic at La Bamba Cafe only because we happened to be there during the window. So this makes total sense.

i was planning on doing one day at AK, but the Avatar FPs are apparently already gone, so we'll be cancelling that and doing one full day at VB and maybe one or two more half-days. Why do the CBBR lazy river when we can do the VB ones? :D

Here's hoping for a walking path from CBBR to VB...

Definitely. There is going to be so much more to do, especially if you're staying on site, and especially during HHN. I really didn't care that it's not going to be open when I go in May since I was trying to figure how to fit it in, since I'm doing 4 day trips up the road to Disney. In the future, my day trips to Disney may be eliminated entirely, or greatly curtailed at the very least.

Famous last words before you get offered a slot at soft opening for being such a good customer.

Famous last words before you get offered a slot at soft opening for being such a good customer.
I wish...... Though I did get taken care of big time at Portofino once, due to the nice things I said to a reservation person. The story. A few years ago I was doing my reservation on the website for Portofino. My computer partially froze up when I was doing my reservations. I kept clicking to get it to work. I screwed up and inadvertently ended up making three separate reservations for the same days, which I realized once I got three confirmation emails. So I called the reservation number to correct it. The guy was really nice, and as is my habit as you all can tell from my posts here, I was gushing over how much I enjoy staying on site at Universal. Well, months later I drive down and go to check in at Portofino. The desk clerk pauses and asks me to wait a moment while he gets someone. He leaves and comes back with the Portofino General Manager. The GM said that my reservation had been red flagged per Universal President Bill Davis. He said the reservation person I had called was so impressed with my enthusiasm for Universal that he contacted his superior, who then contacted Davis. Davis called over to Portofino and instructed them to give me special treatment. They really took special care of me over & above the normal You First membership benefits I receive. A special triple size roofed balcony & room overlooking the Italian singers, complimentary fruit basket every day for my ten day stay, a complimentary room service buffet breakfast. Great people at Loews & Universal. Moral of story. It pays to be nice to people. :)

Our group of ~20 for HHN are already planning on getting one (or more) of those 2 story cabanas the day after HHN night, what better way to recover than going down the lazy river. Do you think drinks will be allowed in the lazy rivers?