Walking Dead Attraction: Stay or Go? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Walking Dead Attraction: Stay or Go?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Do you believe TWDA should stay or go?

• Stay

• Go

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
You placing a bet?

Honestly, if Universal wasn't distributing those 3 films; then I would say it's going sooner than later. However..the fact that Universal has now put in money towards the IP in a massive way with AMC, makes me think it will not only stay; but will recieve updates once the films come out.
See Tom Cruise's Mummy: Also the franchise is dead. Movies will flop. Again my 2 cents.

They could save this if they found a way to make it interactive maybe?
Something like Knott's Scary Farm's Infected or just turn it into an attraction full of animatronics and you shoot them. idk

Reactions: Jimmypancakes20
See Tom Cruise's Mummy: Also the franchise is dead. Movies will flop. Again my 2 cents.

I wouldn't necessarily consider TWD being a "dead" IP. Especially as they're seemingly keeping strong to keep airing the main series, FTWD, and now collaborating with Jordan Vogt Roberts on an entirely new spin-off series with the IP for 2020.

Should there be concern, especially as the Skybound comic series has ended? Yes. However, I don't think AMC is going to let the IP die so easily, and I do think the film trilogy's going to be in a bit of a larger scale than some may be thinking.

So apparently it may stay around longer? (No inside info here, just guessing from recent posts)

If so, cool, I guess. There's nothing they can really replace it with anyway as space is super tight in that building. If they insist on keeping it around a few years longer, it would be nice for them to add a few rooms/change them up.

So apparently it may stay around longer? (No inside info here, just guessing from recent posts)

If so, cool, I guess. There's nothing they can really replace it with anyway as space is super tight in that building. If they insist on keeping it around a few years longer, it would be nice for them to add a few rooms/change them up.

Honestly, if Parisain Courtyard goes (as seemingly rumored in the past), I'd argue a portion of TWDA would make as a nice bar. (with the rest being transformed into an indoor overflow queue for Pets) Otherwise, I'd assume the biggest changes would be a new finale and new queue videos with Andrew Lincoln (along with audio from him around the walk-through experience).

(Another) Nintendo souvenir shop?

They're finally investing in new Nintendo stores across the globe (with London and Tokyo getting new Nintendo/Pokemon stores, so I could honestly buy Nintendo being a major storefront for Universal Citywalk (also helps cross-promote with SNW)).

__

To bring this to TWDA, I do stand by the comment I made on the main TWDA thread, that they're going to wait on closing this until after UP releases the TWD films (with Andrew Lincoln). It's unfortunate, as I do think that location could be a prime venue for Pets overflow and flex-space.

Last edited: