1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Walt Disney Presents (Preview Center)

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios' started by Nick, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Teebin

Teebin Legendary Member

Just a fun fact for those who might not know: Disney uses plastic aquarium plants to foliage many of their models. The tree of life model used thousands of such plucked leaves. :)

2. alias8703

alias8703 Newcomer

I'm still so curious where all the money for this project went. So much money spent for what we're getting. It just doesn't add up. And I can't believe there isn't a 2nd spinner ride in the land to balance it out. Other than that I think it will be cute. Just wish all the things that were cut would have stuck.

Mad Dog likes this.
  3. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Yes, I think the Disney mom's crowd will like the land. It sure seemed like it was value engineered to death though. The original plans weren't a whole lot, but they were more immersive than this fairly bare bones version.

alias8703 likes this.
  4. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

You say that the original plans were more, but there really wasn't much. The only big thing we can point to is Woody's Round-up, which likely would've only been a M&G anyway.

The rockwork would've just been unnecessary imo without actual show scenes on the ride. Sometimes you've just gotta call a spade a spade - Slinky is nothing more than an exposed "junior launch coaster", as Mack describes it.

Disneyhead likes this.
  5. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

I said, "the original plans weren't a whole lot, but they were more immersive than this fairly bare bones version". I was calling a spade a spade in a nice way. :):lol:

ChristopherSE and Nick like this.
  6. Jones14

Jones14 Rookie

I think Toy Story will benefit from being exposed. Guests won't really be able to overhype themselves before getting on the rides like they will for F&F.

7. Disneyhead

Disneyhead Veteran Member

I was wondering. I was beginning to think Andy was growin' dope.