Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walt Disney World 50th Rumored Plans

GAcoaster

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
I couldn't find another thread for this, so I apologize if this is duplicated somewhere.

With the 50th of WDW coming in 2021 there are a number of new attractions on the way as well as some other things.

We know Tron for MK, GotG for EPCOT. I would guess there will be something new coming for the other two parks as well.

On top of that they'll have several new hotels opening in time for the celebration.

Today I was told Cinderella Castle is slated to get a new, special paint (or overlay) for the golden anniversary. I didn't get any details, but I'd assume this will be much more tasteful than the 25th cake castle.

Has anyone else heard of other things on tap for the 50th? I'd guess a new night time parade is in the planning, along with other shows...

A 50th fireworks show is definitely happening and nighttime parade have been on an off for MK. Although I have heard that the fireworks may just be a reworked HEA since it’s been so well received.

I’m pretty sure I made one of these a few years back, but either way I hope the 50th is as lit as Disneyland's 60th.

I would truly appreciate them doing a similarly scaled event!!!

So a poster on Magic is saying we wont be getting a new night time parade at MK for the 50th, with a refurbished Main street Electrical Parade being sent over instead. While i love the Main street Electrical Parade I think its time to put it to rest. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Unfortunately. Which surprises me considering that back in 2005 Disneyland's 50th Celebration made the company a ton of money and drove attendance to record highs at Disneyland.
Sounds to me like they’re hoping for the same thing at WDW, except this time without spending $ so they can make up for the loss on SWGE.

Sounds to me like they’re hoping for the same thing at WDW, except this time without spending $ so they can make up for the loss on SWGE.
I wouldn’t jump to that conclusion. A new Electrical Parade was never a guarantee for the 50th. They would’ve announced it at D23 I’d think if it was happening.

Unfortunately. Which surprises me considering that back in 2005 Disneyland's 50th Celebration made the company a ton of money and drove attendance to record highs at Disneyland.

Disneyland's 50th was a slap-dash affair after the Pressler crew was quickly ushered out and Ouimet was installed. He spear headed a lot of the additions and changes he could afford/get approved and done by opening.

At this point I'm expecting the castle to get spray painted Briar Rose Gold™ with Arendelle Aqua™ accents so they can sell more crappy merchandise to bored housewives.