Walt Disney World Tech News & Discussion- Magic Bands, Genie+, and more | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Walt Disney World Tech News & Discussion- Magic Bands, Genie+, and more

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't hate this, especially when I always stay on-site for the Disney portions of my Orlando trips. One Lightning Lane at a time was better for more leisurely planned days and easier than Fastpass+ to refresh/find cancellations, but planning three reservations at once in anticipation for late morning/early afternoon crowds was always more strategic to maximize rides per day on the old system.

Reactions: Mad Dog
As a local, this may be what tips the scale for me from Pro-VL to Anti-VL…

What is VL

@OrlandoGuy can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they're talking about Virtual Queue, but refers to it as Virtual Line. And their stance makes sense when you look at it like this...

VQ is pretty much a random raffle, even if you do land a boarding group, you never know exactly when your group will be called, and you certainly won't know the estimated time you'll be waiting in the actual line for the ride. I've never been a fan of that aspect as I've got dining plans and whatnot, there's always a chance that's just not gonna' work with my plans.

Now add in multi pass where one can have three fastpasses along with their dining plans, the randomness of VQ sticks out all the worse and just doesn't work when Disney wants everyone back to planning things out in advance.

As for the whole multi pass thingamabobber, I'm not opposed to it. But I really would LOVE for them to let you get a pass/lightning lane for any attraction more than once. (Disneyland's Maxpass was the gold standard for me.) There are attractions I'd prefer to go on multiple times, let alone ones which were purposely designed to be re-ridable. And no amount of suggesting is gonna' make me get a fastpass for an attraction I don't wanna' go on.

Not these groups again! I am triggered. :lmao: Shows how top heavy these parks can be. You really don't need an LL for anything in EPCOT outside that first Tier.

No tiers at DAK is interesting and a welcome change as before you had to choose between Navi River & Flight of Passage.

It will be interesting to watch how the stand by line actual times are after this happens. I'll definitely be monitoring it on Touring Plans. Stand by line times have been pretty decent since they started the purge of fake/fraudulent disability guests that learned their craft from social media influencers.....From what I see, and if the historical stand by actuals hold up, Epcot has very little value. The tier two attractions have short lines often at various points of the typical day, except for holiday periods. Better to 8:30 AM rope drop Rat & Frozen and save your money. Even tier one Soarin has low line times, except for a couple of hours, each day. ...AK, under this single tier system, could be good value. DHS has good value since it has a couple of high grade attractions (Tower of Terror and Midway Media) in tier two. MK is a toss up depending on the crowd level. If you rope drop the extra early half hour, you can do many of the top attractions by 11:30 AM. If MK lines stay like they've been the past couple weeks, though that's improbable, you don't need LL at all.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to watch how the stand by line actual times are after this happens. I'll definitely be monitoring it on Touring Plans. Stand by line times have been pretty decent since they started the purge of fake/fraudulent disability guests that learned their craft from social media influencers.....From what I see, and if the historical stand by actuals hold up, Epcot has very little value. The tier two attractions have short lines often at various points of the typical day, except for holiday periods. Better to 8:30 AM rope drop Rat & Frozen and save your money. Even tier one Soarin has low line times, except for a couple of hours, each day. ...AK, under this single tier system, could be good value. DHS has good value since it has a couple of high grade attractions (Tower of Terror and Midway Media) in tier two. MK is a toss up depending on the crowd level. If you rope drop the extra early half hour, you can do many of the top attractions by 11:30 AM. If MK lines stay like they've been the past couple weeks, though that's improbable, you don't need LL at all.

I would expect higher waits at Epcot with Test Track under the knife and Guardians still using the Virtual QueueTM.

So now resort guests will suck up all the LLs for the biggest attractions just like with FP+

Sick
I actually never really had issues getting FP for rides even as a local. People cancel all the time. In line when board I would check for cancellations and very rarely did we not get to ride the ride we wanted to ride that day.

Disney needs to just get rid of paid FastPass PERIOD! Free FastPass was one of the things that set WDW apart form the competitors back in the 90s. The only reason I got to do as much as I did my last trip was due to my DAS. Just scrap everything that requires guests to be on their phones in the parks 24/7, and bring back the good ol' days.

Old man rant over

Reactions: belloq87