Wanda to buy SWP&E? | Inside Universal Forums

Wanda to buy SWP&E?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 24, 2013
Recently, Pixels at the Parks has found interesting things that could be linked to SWP&E's future. Let's hope they're not like Comcast....

http://www.pixelsattheparks.com/2014/08/04/orlando-tourism-report-episode-9-my-whales-adored-you/

Note: The Aquatica-styled Chinese waterpark and the Middle Eastern Discovery Cove look-alike does raise suspicion. Could Wanda have bought SWP&E and will announce new international expansions? Or will they split the Busch/SW partnership?

Speculate away!!

Recently, Pixels at the Parks has found interesting things that could be linked to SWP&E's future. Let's hope they're not like Comcast....

http://www.pixelsattheparks.com/2014/08/04/orlando-tourism-report-episode-9-my-whales-adored-you/

Note: The Aquatica-styled Chinese waterpark and the Middle Eastern Discovery Cove look-alike does raise suspicion. Could Wanda have bought SWP&E and will announce new international expansions? Or will they split the Busch/SW partnership?

Speculate away!!

Why? Comcast has been amazing...I personally would love to see Sea World and Busch be successful again..they are great parks

If the seaworld chain get sold, all I hope is that the new owners would care more about improving the parks rather than just continually cutting budgets.

If the SeaWorld parks get sold the budget cuts will get worse unless they are purchased by a company that does more than just run theme parks. The reason why they used to be so great was that it didn't matter if they made huge profits (and they usually did) because the beer kept flowing and making huge profits for the company overall. Much the way that Disney and Comcast don't rely solely on their parks to turn profits, they could invest and spread out the ROI over many years under AB. Now every investment has to immediately show results. Right now as a company that primarily runs theme parks SWP&E lives and dies by attendance just like Six Flags and Cedar Fair, so we will keep seeing further cutbacks to the levels that those parks run at.

If the SeaWorld parks get sold the budget cuts will get worse unless they are purchased by a company that does more than just run theme parks. The reason why they used to be so great was that it didn't matter if they made huge profits (and they usually did) because the beer kept flowing and making huge profits for the company overall. Much the way that Disney and Comcast don't rely solely on their parks to turn profits, they could invest and spread out the ROI over many years under AB. Now every investment has to immediately show results. Right now as a company that primarily runs theme parks SWP&E lives and dies by attendance just like Six Flags and Cedar Fair, so we will keep seeing further cutbacks to the levels that those parks run at.

True point, though I think the added problem with a company like Blackstone is that they are only concerned with profit and care little whether or not the theme park experience is good. Granted, profit is why companies do business, but it would also be nice to have a company that also cares about providing a nice theme park experience. So in any case, if this Wanda group buys a majority stake into Seaworld, I hope that they will invest in vamping up the theme park experience so that it becomes a popular destination again. Of course, sadly enough you might be right ...

Who is she?

The Supreme Leader! (A few will get this joke).

In all seriousness SeaWorld really needs someone to take over to change things around. The park needs a lot of help. In its current sate, it definitely doesn't feel on the same league of Disney, Universal, or even LEGOLAND (maybe that's going too far, but the park is leaving a lot to be desired...).

God help us: China already owns us (the USA) as a country with all the debt we owe them. They took most of our factories (and bajillions of jobs that go with those factories), and now they're gobbling up our companies, our farms, and our real-estate in droves. Up next, they want to buy up our theme parks.

We're SO boned as a country. God help us (again, for good measure).

God help us: China already owns us (the USA) as a country with all the debt we owe them. They took most of our factories (and bajillions of jobs that go with those factories), and now they're gobbling up our companies, our farms, and our real-estate in droves. Up next, they want to buy up our theme parks.

We're SO boned as a country. God help us (again, for good measure).

I guess I am not worried about this because I remember the same thing said about Japan
in the late 80's .Their economy was going gangbusters and they were buying golfcourses .
Every one was up in arms that Japan would own the USA . It did not happen this is a cycle it is coming back to USA. Some manufacturing is coming back now.

Sea World has it rough. People not wanting to go because of a stupid movie topped with attendance down in Orlando all together. Not sure what has happened this summer, the economy has not been the best for years now, not sure why now all the sudden people are not vacationing here. My only guess is the rise in ticket prices have finally hit their max and that is leveling out the attendance and spending numbers. Uni is the only one that is going to meet their goals.

With the company losing almost 1/3 of its stock value in one day, they seem particularly vulnerable for a takeover or buyout. I would guess that management is shopping the chain to potential buyers right now trying to get the best outcome. I have to wonder if Comcast has been approached...

A lot of this is also about Blackstone's management. They've basically destroyed Busch Gardens Williamsburg with all their cutbacks and have created a lot of ill will with their AP base. Sure, they put some new attractions in, but they cut everything else to bare bones, especially entertainment, and people notice this. I used to go to Busch Gardens Williamsburg for a vacation every year. I won't step foot in the park again until Blackstone sells. They cut most everything that was good & unique to that park & they're running it like a Six Flags now.

A lot of this is also about Blackstone's management. They've basically destroyed Busch Gardens Williamsburg with all their cutbacks and have created a lot of ill will with their AP base. Sure, they put some new attractions in, but they cut everything else to bare bones, especially entertainment, and people notice this. I used to go to Busch Gardens Williamsburg for a vacation every year. I won't step foot in the park again until Blackstone sells. They cut most everything that was good & unique to that park & they're running it like a Six Flags now.

Yeah, GE was bad, Blackstone more bad. Just rich men with their hearts in money and nothing else. Imagine being so hollow. At least Comcast has a Hint'O Heart.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Yeah, GE was bad, Blackstone more bad. Just rich men with their hearts in money and nothing else. Imagine being so hollow. At least Comcast has a Hint'O Heart.
Exactly. SWP can't use their Orca excuse when it comes to BGW. Blackstone, like Bain, just sucks the profits out of everything they touch, with no thought for the people's livelihoods that are on the line. They'd still be losing attendance, even if that movie didn't come out. They only know to cut cut cut. In fact, their CFO's response to this bad report, is to make more cuts. Then it becomes a vicious cycle. Hopefully, a better corporation will buy the parks, not an investment group.

Exactly. SWP can't use their Orca excuse when it comes to BGW. Blackstone, like Bain, just sucks the profits out of everything they touch, with no thought for the people's livelihoods that are on the line. They'd still be losing attendance, even if that movie didn't come out. They only know to cut cut cut. In fact, their CFO's response to this bad report, is to make more cuts. Then it becomes a vicious cycle. Hopefully, a better corporation will buy the parks, not an investment group.
It's a shame..BGW is a beautiful park and deserves better..in this day and age though where giving less for more is running rampant you can't blame Blackstone for doing what they've been taught..personally I like the build it and they will come model Comcast is going for and think that has better and brighter future than the cut now, save now approach..Blackstone tends to leave parks in worse shape then when they came in..it's not that it's bad business..it's just lazy business

Apparently Seaworld has launched a stock buy back program as well now and will have internal budget cuts for the remainder of the year in order to have more money for new investments/attractions.

- - - Updated - - -

The sad reality of it all :(
All such investment firms care about is their profit ...

- - - Updated - - -
http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/prnewswire/FL89185.htm