Warner Bros. Cat in The Hat | Inside Universal Forums

Warner Bros. Cat in The Hat

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
In a surprising announcement, Warner Brothers made a joint-announcement with the Seuss Enterprise to make a series of new animated adaptations of Dr. Seuss stories. And it will start, with an adaption of Cat in The Hat.

New 'Cat in the Hat' Movie in the Works From Warner Bros.

Development begins soon with a writer to be found soon.

So....what does this mean? Has your excitement for Grinch gone down? Are you interested to see what WB may bring to the table? Comment below!

It sounds like Meledandri lost interest in the Seuss projects with his own IPs taking off (SLoP/Sing) and a potential Nintendo deal on the horizon.

There was no space or ability of Illumination to fast track Cat in the Hat so the Seuss Estate took the rights to Warner.

It makes sense for Universal to pass if Nintendo is locked in...

Burke said on Comcast's earnings call today that they're moving fully ahead to get Illumination up to 2 movies a year.

That means Seuss was already out of their plans.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I'll take Warner Animation Group over Illumination any time, any day. I'm actually somewhat interested in this, whereas the idea of an Illumination CitH movie repulses me.