WaterWorld | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

WaterWorld

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My family and I love Waterworld and we are passholders. We usually try to make it our finale attraction when we visit the park. The seaplane crash and pyro are a nice way to end the day. I look at it this way. I can wait 30-60 minutes in line for a 2- to 4-minute ride. Or I can wait 15 minutes prior to showtime for good seats, sit and relax, have a snack and be entertained for 20 minutes.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy the rides, too, but appreciate the balance that shows provide within a park. If it weren't for shows, my 4-year old who is just shy of being tall enough to ride Hippogriff would have almost nothing to do there.

I understand not every attraction will appeal to everyone, but they do serve a good portion of their guests. And when they no longer do that, it's time for change. If Waterworld ever gets replaced, I think it should be with another live action stunt show.

Water World is the best theme park action stunt show out there. When compared to competing shows like the Wild West stunt show at Knotts, Indiana Jones at Hollywood Studios, or Sinbad at Islands of Adventure, Water World comes out on top. I like having the bragging rights of having a best in class show. We should keep Water World. Plus the Water World arena could double as a venue for a potential nite show.

The other shows I don't mind bringing the bulldozers to. Animal Actors is a mediocre animal show existing at a time when animal shows are losing popularity. Special Effects is fun but not mind blowing. The best parts are the stunts and we already have a better stunt show in the park. The upcoming Kung Fu Panda will be a screenz show in a park that has too many screen based attractions.

I’d be fine if they scrapped Animal Actors and the Special Effects Show for new rides.
Waterworld on the other hand is my favorite theme park show! Hope they never get rid of it! There’s a reason why it’s still a top rated stunt show! Waterworld is perfect for USH because it is rewatchable. Re-rideable and watchable attractions are the best. Attractions that I skip just about every visit are Despicable Me, The Simpson’s, Animal Actors, and The Special Effects Show.

I worked the show for nearly 5 years and I still watch it! Although, I am bias and I enjoyed the WSSI version of the show over the Action Horizons version...but that is just an old grumpy guy talking!

I still love this show and after 22 years of operations, it still does not have a souvenir cart!!!

I still love this show and after 22 years of operations, it still does not have a souvenir cart!!!
yea that is seriously a missed opportunity. They could've easily added one during all the multiple refurbs and other construction projects. For a park that prides itself in having more retail than it does rides/attractions, its shocking there is no Waterworld merch

So while at the park yesterday, I watched the show before heading off to work. I noticed the exploding ramp the Mariner has to jump now features fire along with its two explosions. So thats cool. Another thing I noticed was when the Deacon wildly shoots the gun & hits the fuel tank, it no longer had the bullet hole effect of "fuel". Not sure if it was removed or just not working.

So while at the park yesterday, I watched the show before heading off to work. I noticed the exploding ramp the Mariner has to jump now features fire along with its two explosions. So thats cool. Another thing I noticed was when the Deacon wildly shoots the gun & hits the fuel tank, it no longer had the bullet hole effect of "fuel". Not sure if it was removed or just not working.
The propane fire at the Mariner jump has been out since the last rehab. I'm glad it's back, too! The bullet holes in the Fuel Tank can be intermittent. I saw the first show yesterday and it was working.

Reactions: Wesker69
These last few days of WaterWorld they weren’t using the Jet Ski/Water Skier launch system through the hole in the wall, the smokers just go through the gate Helen left open. They also haven’t been hanging the character Sage upside down and are instead shooting him before he falls in the tank.

Last edited:
The cast said that due to frequent technical issues with the launch, they’ve temporarily been using a new invasion strategy (zooming through the gate and all around on jet skis) so that there’s no awkward pause when the launch doesn’t work. They all seem to like it much more too apparently, as they’ve said themselves.

These last few days of WaterWorld they weren’t using the Jet Ski/Water Skier launch system through the hole in the wall, the smokers just go through the gate Helen left open. They also haven’t been hanging the character Sage upside down and are instead shooting him instead before he falls in the tank.

I was there Saturday and noticed the show felt slightly revised. The jet ski didn't launch from the left side, but the character hanging upside down did occur.

These last few days of WaterWorld they weren’t using the Jet Ski/Water Skier launch system through the hole in the wall, the smokers just go through the gate Helen left open. They also haven’t been hanging the character Sage upside down and are instead shooting him before he falls in the tank.

These are standard back up revisions when the show mechanics are down. However, I have been told to notice that one of the Deacon's lines has been removed due to "guest sensitivity"...

So they changed the "So's the your boyfriend" line? :rolleyes: I'm not seeing how that affects "guest sensitivity"... Can't we just not let overly sensitive guests ruin the entertainment at the park.

Sheesh, it makes me want to have B&T year round with the former Purge Auctioneer ushering them into the theatre with cat calls & bids

So they changed the "So's the your boyfriend" line? :rolleyes: I'm not seeing how that affects "guest sensitivity"... Can't we just not let overly sensitive guests ruin the entertainment at the park.

I'm pretty sure the line they removed was the implied rape line. The deacon says something like "You and me, making a new life on dry land. Oh and Helen? I'm gonna want kids!"

Reactions: Sydney