WDW transport vs. Island Explorer | Inside Universal Forums

WDW transport vs. Island Explorer

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oct 12, 2009
East Central Florida
Having been north for a while, and having heard about WDW transportation "testing" propane buses among other options, I got to thinking. I am living here on a 96 sq mile Maine island and seeing many propane buses passing by hundreds of times a day, FREE of charge to all points on this island. Free to anywhere on 96 Square Miles. WDW is only 47 sq miles.

Not only that, but Island Explorer buses have GPS that is connected live to both the internet and signs located at each and every pickup/drop-off location so that one knows how many seconds are left until it arrives.

Can Disney do that? Why haven't they done that?

Winter population of the island: 10K Summer population over 5 months, 6 million.

As the Brits say, BRILLIANT.

http://www.exploreacadia.com/

They can, its just a matter of dealing with legacy systems and actually implementing it correctly. They've attempted something similar before with the Grand Floridian and maybe one other resort, but it was a very short test and I don't think it went well. Of course, we all know Disney's struggles with technology outside of rides and attractions...both past and current.