Westworld | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Westworld

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ha ha. I thought the finale and episode 9 were great. Oh well. Guess I’ll look elsewhere to discuss this.

Yeah, I still enjoyed it a lot too. I'm the kind of guy who just watches TV to be entertained and don't really care much about critical thinking. The action sequences were fun and the twists kept me guessing. However, I do agree that it definitely was weaker than the first season and that the showrunners were so determined to make the season's big twist less predictable that it made the season feel more convoluted with the whole "finding the door" subplot. Heck, you could tell the actors were struggling more this time around since they had no outline to go by.

I actually enjoyed this season more than the first, and I think it's because last season I went on message boards after every episode and read all the "discussions".

What ended up happening is that all the twists were spoiled for me fairly early on, Episode 3 maybe?, and I spent the whole season over analyzing it.

This season, I would let myself get behind 2 or 3 episodes, and then just watch them within the same week. It helped me remember the prior episodes much easier. I also avoided ALL discussion and just watched the show without everyone else's 2 cents.

Pretty sure I will be doing this for ALL television shows from now on. I realized I kind of disagree with people more than I agree.

The spectacle of this show is unmatched. I'd argue it's even better than Game of Thrones in that regard. The radiohead love at the end of the finale, was perfect. That's my favorite band, so the goosebumps were full swing.

Reactions: TheGentTrent

giphy.gif

Reactions: SeventyOne
WOW...

Also, can't yet decide whether them using a Piano version of sweet child of mine on this trailer is awesome and inspired or a bit odd? Weirdly I think I like it :)

Oh and it's back on 15 March!

Reactions: GAcoaster
In a surprising move, the show's just been ordered for a fourth season months before the third is expected to air. Either HBO is really optimistic about the upcoming episodes or they're committed to more programming in a post-Thrones world with all the other streaming options out there.

‘Westworld’ Renewed For Season 4 (EXCLUSIVE) – Discussing Film
Ugh. I just don’t know. As it currently stands for me, this is a show that should’ve just stopped after season one. Which was great and fresh.
Season 2 was just so subpar. The most damning for me was the absolute waste of Thandie Newton’s character. She killed it in season 1 (better than anyone IMO) and then was a giant wet magical fart in season 2.
I never liked ERW’s character or take on it in season 1. The cutaway editing helped hide how flat her acting was, but season 2 didn’t get that luxury and it showed. I know Hollywood desperately wants her to be a badass for some bewildering reason, but she’s just bad at it and it’s woefully unbelievable.
Lastly, the desire to replicate the mystery of season 1 in season 2 when there was no mystery was just awful.

I’ll give this one a go for a couple episodes but that trailer @Jamesh22 just posted doesn’t inspire an inkling of confidence for me.

The best shows seem to know when to quit and when to stop chasing a buck.

Last edited:
I really liked series 1 and was 50/50 on 2, but think in the end I mostly enjoyed it.

I have no interest in seeing a story about a robot uprising in the real world though. That story has been told in other media many times. When they leave the 'Westworld' they lost me. That's why I think 2 series would have been perfect for the show. They can't stay in WW forever, but could definitely tell a complete story in 20 episodes set there.

So...has anyone else been watching the new season? I'm a bit behind at Episode 3, but so far it's looking good. I'm a little frustrated by them continuing to use different timelines, but condensing the storylines to 2-3 characters per episode helps it flow a little easier. Visually, it's absolutely stunning, more so than any of the previous seasons. I can't stop watching all the futuristic technology and environments.

BTW, Tessa Thompson is really showing off her talents this year. Hope she gets more recognition in the future.

Reactions: SeventyOne
So...has anyone else been watching the new season? I'm a bit behind at Episode 3, but so far it's looking good. I'm a little frustrated by them continuing to use different timelines, but condensing the storylines to 2-3 characters per episode helps it flow a little easier. Visually, it's absolutely stunning, more so than any of the previous seasons. I can't stop watching all the futuristic technology and environments.

BTW, Tessa Thompson is really showing off her talents this year. Hope she gets more recognition in the future.

Haven't seen the most recent episode but yes I have been watching... and I'm dissapointed. It just isn't capturing the magic of the first season, it's better than the second season but it is still trying to be too clever but actually coming across as dumb.

I'm going to see it through to the end and hope it all pays off!

I am watching and have mostly enjoyed it. To me, season 2 was absolutely horrible, so anything that isn't that is an upgrade.

Season 3 been a return to form for me. Exciting yet still intellectually stimulating. Hoping they can stick the landing.