What Games Are You Playing? | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

What Games Are You Playing?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I got Uncharted 3 right around Christmas and had it unopened until today. Finally popped it in, and wow. Amazing game. I played through about 1/3 of it in one sitting. I NEVER do that.

Looking forward to MLB The Show this week and God of War Ascension next week.

I still have Uncharted 3 unopened from Christmas 2011! Do you have to play the second one in order to understand this one? My cousin leant me that one and haven't played it either. Would like to attempt to play it at some point.

For some reason I can't get into video games anymore. I got Black Ops 2 and Assassins Creed 3 for Christmas this past year and have only played them like twice each. With that said I will be picking up The Show this week, I still am in to sports games and get good use out of them.

I still have Uncharted 3 unopened from Christmas 2011! Do you have to play the second one in order to understand this one? My cousin leant me that one and haven't played it either. Would like to attempt to play it at some point.

For some reason I can't get into video games anymore. I got Black Ops 2 and Assassins Creed 3 for Christmas this past year and have only played them like twice each. With that said I will be picking up The Show this week, I still am in to sports games and get good use out of them.

I'm exactly the same way.

My PS3 came with Uncharted 1 & 2. I played 1 for a while but it felt so dated. You definitely don't need to play 1 and 2 to get 3. The first 30 minutes or so covers everything.

Picked up God of War: Ascension today.

Definitely your typical GoW fare. It's fun, entertaining, but can get repetitive. Add in the massive scale they tried to integrate and you get some annoying camera angles. Atleast in the start of the game. I've actually lost my place on the screen a few times. Hopefully it clears up as the game goes on.

So far I'm loving it. I haven't bothered with side missions much yet though.

Hmm, well the actual game is only like 40%. The side missions are the other 60%. That was my problem with the game. I'm not a side missions kinda guy. I like to play the main story and I usually don't even bother with the extra stuff and with Arkham City, I was upset that I was forced to find every ringing phone, every Titan can, every Riddle and every hostage to get my money's worth. The main story was just way too short.

Hmm, well the actual game is only like 40%. The side missions are the other 60%. That was my problem with the game. I'm not a side missions kinda guy. I like to play the main story and I usually don't even bother with the extra stuff and with Arkham City, I was upset that I was forced to find every ringing phone, every Titan can, every Riddle and every hostage to get my money's worth. The main story was just way too short.

I'm at the point where Robin pops up which is about 7% in.

Picked up God of War: Ascension today.

Definitely your typical GoW fare. It's fun, entertaining, but can get repetitive. Add in the massive scale they tried to integrate and you get some annoying camera angles. Atleast in the start of the game. I've actually lost my place on the screen a few times. Hopefully it clears up as the game goes on.

This is how I felt about the demo... it was all style, not a lot of substance. Despite all of the grand, beautifully grotesque things going on, I just wasn't having a whole lot of fun, especially compared to God of War 3 (which I really loved). Sort of like the Alice in Wonderland/Oz: The Great & Powerful of blockbuster video games. Much like those films, this just feels... unnecessary. I could deal with the PSP prequels, but you know they're stretching when they have to whip out a third prequel, this time on an HD console and focusing on... the Furies? Really? Bottom of the barrel of Greek mythology, really. I'm waiting for Kratos to have to fight Romulus and Remus or something at this point. /rantover

I'm playing the Jak & Daxter Collection with 3D mode, it's quite spiffy. On Jak II specifically... I think I preferred the first game more. The collect-a-thon platformer is more my style than the "oh look we're being dark now we have a gun and swear occasionally" sequel that is more or less Jak II. And I can't stand the travel time through the snore of a hub world... clearly there just to pad the game time. Here's hoping Jak 3 is better.

^Jak 3 is my favorite of the trilogy and I am a huge Jak and Daxter fan. He's my main in PSASBR. I'm hoping Naughty Dog makes Jak 4 for the PS4.

^Jak 3 is my favorite of the trilogy and I am a huge Jak and Daxter fan. He's my main in PSASBR. I'm hoping Naughty Dog makes Jak 4 for the PS4.

Given your signature/avatar I would've pegged you as a Sly guy. I shuffle my mains between Radec, Spike, and Big Daddy. It's always a blast to play in the dorms now that I've got my friends hooked. Can't wait for the Isaac/Zeus DLC.

And I hope you're right about Jak 3. The platforming is still a lot of fun in Jak II, but so much of the game is just wading through busy work... hate basically any mission that involves the hub world.

Given your signature/avatar I would've pegged you as a Sly guy. I shuffle my mains between Radec, Spike, and Big Daddy. It's always a blast to play in the dorms now that I've got my friends hooked. Can't wait for the Isaac/Zeus DLC.

And I hope you're right about Jak 3. The platforming is still a lot of fun in Jak II, but so much of the game is just wading through busy work... hate basically any mission that involves the hub world.

Sly is my other main. :lol: Let me know if you want to play some time. Maybe some 1 v 1 and 2 v 2. Jak 3 does have more platforming. Its the most enjoyable of the three in my opinion.

I beat Bioshock Infinite last night. Man, that game. That ending. What an amazing game, I highly recommend it.

Damn kids and your spring breaks and no work!

I'm playing... Bioshock Infinite. Just got out of Hall of Heroes. About 1/4 through the game?

Damn kids and your spring breaks and no work!

I'm playing... Bioshock Infinite. Just got out of Hall of Heroes. About 1/4 through the game?

Yup. Just a suggestion: don't rush through it. The environments are incredible to explore and there are so many items that you can find that expand the story and can help you.

Yup. Just a suggestion: don't rush through it. The environments are incredible to explore and there are so many items that you can find that expand the story and can help you.

I'm not rushing, so far I've put in 5-6 hours. I'm just at a weird juxtaposition where I want to soak in all the details and enjoy the game, while still finishing it at a time where I can start to enter the discussion on the whole experience.